Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Biggest Comeback Ever? (/forums/showthread.php?t=566269)

montesixpac 08-07-2012 01:30 PM

Biggest Comeback Ever?

What are the biggest comebacks that you have had in your dynasty's? In my NCAA 12 dynasty.

I was playing with Vanderbilt against Alabama. Everything went wrong for me in the 1st half, they were making incredible interceptions, and were way too fast and just too talented for Vandy. My team also just couldn't make any plays when needed. After going scoreless for pretty much the whole first half we scored a TD with under a minute left to make it a little better going into the half down 36-7. BUT... They ended the half with a long pass into good coverage where the receiver broke two tackles and ran for a TD to make it 43-7 at half.

They had the first possession of the second half and drove right down on my defense again, until we got an INT in their red zone. A new game was born. We ended up outscoring Bama in the 3rd quarter 28-0 to make it within one score going into the 4th quarter 43-35.

The fourth quarter started out well with a field goal as the game was cut to a 5 point margin, but they responded with their first score of the 2nd half (a TD) to push the game back to a two score difference 50-41. At this point it looked like Vandy's momentum may vanish, but we were able to score a pair of TD's with a 2-pt conversion to make it 53-50, but with plenty of time for Bama to have a chance at getting into field goal range, except this time Vandy's defense held and was rewarded with a huge upset and comeback win after outscoring Alabama 46-7 in the second half.

I wish i could pull up my stats and such from this game, but it seems that the game has been lost, but I do remember I threw the ball over 60 times for about 600 yards and 7 tds, which of course was mostly in the 2nd half. The most difficult part of this comeback is that they had so much more speed. My longest play in the game was under 40 yards and I had to drive down the field for every TD.

Jeff George 08-07-2012 01:52 PM

Re: Biggest Comeback Ever?

I think it was NCAA 2005, but I came back from a 42-7 deficit to win something like 69-66. Not particularly realistic, but it was fun.

tHurley2010 08-07-2012 02:02 PM

In my online dynasty, I was down 17-0 against Arkansas early into the second quarter playing as Ole Miss. Things were going absolutely awful and to top that off, I had 4 of my Top 5 recruits visiting that week. I managed a TD before halftime to make it 17-7. Came out in the 2nd half and threw a pick 6 which made the score 24-7 with about 1:00 left in the 3rd quarter.

Got another touchdown and a field goal and was down 7 with just 1:00 left. Found myself in a 3rd & 10 situation with :25 left and on the Arkansas 40 yard line. Chucked a pass up to my TE, who caught it, broke two tackles and went into the endzone. I went for two and got it, won the game 25-24.

Game got a greatness score of 3498 lol

MrOctober430 08-07-2012 02:06 PM

Down 48-10 in the 3rd Quarter against Toledo in the Sugar Bowl in NCAA 13. I came back to tie the game at 51-51.

Got the ball with 5 minutes left, ran pretty much the clock down to 2 minutes and stupid me I called off the HB ISO and ran a slant play on the 8 yard line, threw an INT.

They ended up driving down the field and scored a TD with :40 or so seconds left.

Regardless, I lost the game and ruined a perfect season for my Valley State Roughnecks.

NCAA Classic #1, with like 4500 points.

Dr Death 08-07-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff George (Post 2043974071)
I think it was NCAA 2005, but I came back from a 42-7 deficit to win something like 69-66. Not particularly realistic, but it was fun.

I wouldn't call it "unrealistic" by any means... in the 2006 Insight Bowl, Texas Tech trailed Minnesota 7-38 w/ just under 8 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter, meaning Tech had a quarter and a half to comeback - and they did.

Tied the game at 38-38 and won in OT, 44-41. The 2001 GMAC Bowl between Marshall and ECU was similar in that ECU was up 38-8 before Marshall rallied for a 64-61 win.

Rare? Yes. Unrealistic? No.

BenGerman 08-07-2012 02:58 PM

I was down 13-0 to LSU in death valley with Florida. Brissett was injured and was out for the game, and I was doing my best to keep a redshirt on Driskel. Trey Burton had to come in the game (and he really can't throw) so it was circa 2010 for the Gators. I forced a turnover and ended up winning 16-13 in what was the best win of my NCAA '13 career.

Manny_B214 08-07-2012 07:02 PM

it was the CPU's comeback for me.. I was Texas Tech vs. Texas 1st half 24-0 out of no where Mykelle Thompson runs back a Kick a Punt and an INT in within 1:30. O.o i score on a fade to Jace Amaro and they block the field goal :brickwall and guess who runs it back MYKELLE THOMPSON! So its 30-23 3:50 to go and i injure David Ash so im thinking whoot!!! then Case McCoy comes in and does a methodical 89 yard drive. and well Jaxon shipley does a perfec fade route and walts in the endzone and the longhorns did the unthinkable they did a fake field goal.. So 31-30 BEST GAME EVER!!

Dos Peninsulas 08-07-2012 07:29 PM

I actually have no idea what my biggest comeback is. I don't even know if I've pulled off a "giant" comeback.

One almost comeback I remember came back in NCAA 06. I had a Michigan State dynasty and went into a game against Michigan. Night game at the Big House. It was one of those games where you swear it's programmed for you to lose. I had one turnover after another and eventually found myself down 35-0 at the half despite moving the ball well. In the second half I changed my gameplan a little bit and started a comeback. Going into the 4th quarter I had cut the lead to 35-21 and had the momentum in my direction. Then... another turnover. A fumble if I remember correctly. Ended up losing 35-21. Defense held up in the second half, offense just had too much of a deficit to overcome.