Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Your trades in Madden 13 (/forums/showthread.php?t=566480)

MaddenSaints 08-08-2012 05:01 PM

Your trades in Madden 13

When you start a CC as a HC, who are you going to look to pick up weather if it is straight away or in a few seasons time. Despite it being hard I am looking to get someone like J. Charles or MJD. Maybe a new pass rusher for the Saints. Probably looking for a WR too.

Arrow218 08-08-2012 05:06 PM

Re: Your trades in Madden 13

I'm looking to get CJ Spiller or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for my Colts. Both for a realistic price. Possibly Taylor Mays.

prime21time37 08-08-2012 05:07 PM

already a trade thread on here somewhere, but to answer yours im running with redskins and will be looking to add oline depth and maybe a solid return man who plays wr also. maybe a cribbs or hester. i love banks but doesnt add alot to wr game. also maybe some more CB help

MaddenSaints 08-08-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prime21time37 (Post 2043979115)
already a trade thread on here somewhere, but to answer yours im running with redskins and will be looking to add oline depth and maybe a solid return man who plays wr also. maybe a cribbs or hester. i love banks but doesnt add alot to wr game. also maybe some more CB help

Ahh did not see that, thanks.

ConnSKINS26 08-08-2012 09:22 PM

I like to keep trades realistic, while also doing an "alternate reality" type thing where I trade mid-late round players from the most recent draft for players taken after them that my Skins could have realistically taken instead.

As someone who loves scouting and the NFL draft, I always have my favorites that I think fell too far, or that I think would have fit perfectly with the Redskins. So I make these type of small trades for the mid-late round rookie depth that I am excited to develop and find roles for. Usually, rounds 3-7 are fair game.

This year, I'll probably make these trades right at the beginning of my Skins Coach CCM, or as soon as I'm able to:

1. Skins 3rd round pick OG Josh LeRebius for Giants 3rd round pick Jayron Hosely.

Nothing against "The Rib", I just plan on rebuilding the Skins OL from year 2 on without him, and Hosely will bring a great ball-hawking young prospect to a secondary that sorely needs it. Smaller, play-making corners will be my MO in this CCM, taking advantage of a strong front-7.

2. Skins 4th round pick QB Kirk Cousins for either Panthers 4th rounder WR Joe Adams or Cheifs 4th rounder WR Wylie.

Don't really need to explain why I don't need another rookie QB in the boat in Madden when I've got RG3, and a future slot receiver/deep threat that can play Banks out of a job at KR/PR is more of a need. Love both of these young guys, and they are explosive playmakers. But the trade with the Cheifs might make more sense, since I could actually see the Cheifs wanting a young QB to groom like Cousins.

3. Skins 4th rounder OLB Keenan Robinson for SD 4th rounder TE Ledarius Green.

I'm a sucker for the raw, athletic freak types at TE. He'll develop behind Davis with Niles Paul. Cooley will probably make it one more season with me, and then he's gone. I'll probabaly franchise tag and then trade Davis next offseason if Green or Paul show anything at TE. I like Green to become one of RG3's favorite targets, especially down the seam and in the Redzone.

4. Skins 5th rounder OG Adam Gettis for Bengals 5th rounder George Iloka.

Again, I'm letting the OL bomb in year one, running for my life with RG3 and letting young cheap guys and cheap vets battle it out. There's just too much value on the board at other positions to stick with what I think are average prospects on the OL. My first draft in this CCM will be predominantly OL. Until then, Iloka is another man crush of mine who I think will be a beast in Madden, and I've got to have him in my secondary, developing behind Meriweather and Tanard Jackson. He's so versatile, who knows, he might see time as a depth CB.

5. Skins 6th rounder RB Alfred Morris can stay.

I like what I've seen and although his Madden ratings will likely be trash, I may be able to convert him into a nice FB with the log-jam at RB, if Darryl Young gets any big ideas when it's time to negotiate his next contract.

6. Skins 6th rounder Tom Compton for Lions 7th rounder LB Travis Lewis.

I think he was a STEAL, a 3-4th round talent at least who fell due to injury who will take over for Fletcher in a year or two, playing next to Perry Riley.

7. Skins 7th rounder DB Richard Crawford for NE 7th rounder Alfonzo Dennard.

I love the talented knuckleheads who fall too far, just like the Patriots do. Which you'll see again with my last trade.

8. Skins 7th rounder CB Jordan Bernstine for Eagles 7th rounder Bryce Brown.

I wouldn't touch him in real life, but in Madden, I love the talented, yet raw knuckleheads/headcases...because they can't mess up off the field or quit on the field in Madden. I'll take the risk here, and hope that I can turn him into an inspiring story of redemption. If he plays well, or at least starts with ratings befitting his million-dollar body/ten-cent head, I might just trade Helu and/or Royster and let him be the bell-cow.

Well, that's it for now. Looks like a lot of stuff, maybe a little overboard, but its MY alternate reality NFL CCM, and in my alternate reality, these are the picks the Skins would have made for Madden purposes. Obviously young OL prospects are more important in real life, than in Madden. I hope that changes some day, but for now, I'll take the high ceilings of the guys I chose over the OL and other picks we got in real life. In the end it's really only a few depth rookies being shuffled around the rest of the league, but I get my young role-players to develop that I will feel attached to, and that's a big draw of franchise mode for me.

Sorry for the novel!

HadlerT 08-08-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26 (Post 2043980034)
I like to keep trades realistic, while also doing an "alternate reality" type thing where I trade mid-late round players from the most recent draft for players taken after them that my Skins could have realistically taken instead.

As someone who loves scouting and the NFL draft, I always have my favorites that I think fell too far, or that I think would have fit perfectly with the Redskins. So I make these type of small trades for the mid-late round rookie depth that I am excited to develop and find roles for. Usually, rounds 3-7 are fair game.

This year, I'll probably make these trades right at the beginning of my Skins Coach CCM, or as soon as I'm able to:

1. Skins 3rd round pick OG Josh LeRebius for Giants 3rd round pick Jayron Hosely.

Nothing against "The Rib", I just plan on rebuilding the Skins OL from year 2 on without him, and Hosely will bring a great ball-hawking young prospect to a secondary that sorely needs it. Smaller, play-making corners will be my MO in this CCM, taking advantage of a strong front-7.

2. Skins 4th round pick QB Kirk Cousins for either Panthers 4th rounder WR Joe Adams or Cheifs 4th rounder WR Wylie.

Don't really need to explain why I don't need another rookie QB in the boat in Madden when I've got RG3, and a future slot receiver/deep threat that can play Banks out of a job at KR/PR is more of a need. Love both of these young guys, and they are explosive playmakers. But the trade with the Cheifs might make more sense, since I could actually see the Cheifs wanting a young QB to groom like Cousins.

3. Skins 4th rounder OLB Keenan Robinson for SD 4th rounder TE Ledarius Green.

I'm a sucker for the raw, athletic freak types at TE. He'll develop behind Davis with Niles Paul. Cooley will probably make it one more season with me, and then he's gone. I'll probabaly franchise tag and then trade Davis next offseason if Green or Paul show anything at TE. I like Green to become one of RG3's favorite targets, especially down the seam and in the Redzone.

4. Skins 5th rounder OG Adam Gettis for Bengals 5th rounder George Iloka.

Again, I'm letting the OL bomb in year one, running for my life with RG3 and letting young cheap guys and cheap vets battle it out. There's just too much value on the board at other positions to stick with what I think are average prospects on the OL. My first draft in this CCM will be predominantly OL. Until then, Iloka is another man crush of mine who I think will be a beast in Madden, and I've got to have him in my secondary, developing behind Meriweather and Tanard Jackson. He's so versatile, who knows, he might see time as a depth CB.

5. Skins 6th rounder RB Alfred Morris can stay.

I like what I've seen and although his Madden ratings will likely be trash, I may be able to convert him into a nice FB with the log-jam at RB, if Darryl Young gets any big ideas when it's time to negotiate his next contract.

6. Skins 6th rounder Tom Compton for Lions 7th rounder LB Travis Lewis.

I think he was a STEAL, a 3-4th round talent at least who fell due to injury who will take over for Fletcher in a year or two, playing next to Perry Riley.

7. Skins 7th rounder DB Richard Crawford for NE 7th rounder Alfonzo Dennard.

I love the talented knuckleheads who fall too far, just like the Patriots do. Which you'll see again with my last trade.

8. Skins 7th rounder CB Jordan Bernstine for Eagles 7th rounder Bryce Brown.

I wouldn't touch him in real life, but in Madden, I love the talented, yet raw knuckleheads/headcases...because they can't mess up off the field or quit on the field in Madden. I'll take the risk here, and hope that I can turn him into an inspiring story of redemption. If he plays well, or at least starts with ratings befitting his million-dollar body/ten-cent head, I might just trade Helu and/or Royster and let him be the bell-cow.

Well, that's it for now. Looks like a lot of stuff, maybe a little overboard, but its MY alternate reality NFL CCM, and in my alternate reality, these are the picks the Skins would have made for Madden purposes. Obviously young OL prospects are more important in real life, than in Madden. I hope that changes some day, but for now, I'll take the high ceilings of the guys I chose over the OL and other picks we got in real life. In the end it's really only a few depth rookies being shuffled around the rest of the league, but I get my young role-players to develop that I will feel attached to, and that's a big draw of franchise mode for me.

Sorry for the novel!

I liked reading that. I like when people are a GM and have an idea of what they're doing, while adding possible key pieces in the future.

xTucanSamx 08-08-2012 10:46 PM

im running with the patriots i love brady but hes getting old and i figure i might as well trade him for a good running back id love to get trent richardson then i would hopefully trade ryan mallett and as many high draft picks as i can to get rg3 ik the mallet trade is a little far stretched but if you cant dream then what can u do right

smyrlbau 08-08-2012 11:04 PM

I find the thread interesting and a cool read.