Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick (/forums/showthread.php?t=566846)

Beluba 08-10-2012 01:06 PM

NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick

I knew there would be a lot of questions/concerns regarding today's announcements, especially regarding the Control Stick, so I just wanted to give a few more details.

The Shot button is still there and more fully featured than in past versions. So if you choose, you can use the Right Stick for dribble moves and do all your shots with the face buttons. A lot of guys in the office prefer to play this way. In case you missed it, B (CIRCLE) is a Hop Step button again.

There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion.

You can perform basic dribble moves with the Left Stick as well. Of course, you won't have near the same level of control as you would with the Right Stick, but it's a pretty complete arsenal of moves... including sizeups (tap the Left Stick side to side.)

Bottom line, we're giving you the ability to play the way you want to play 2K13. If you adopt the Control Stick fully, you'll have more control over your player than any basketball has ever given in the past... hands down. But if you want a more casual pick up and play experience, we accommodate that as well. Hope that answers some questions.

infam0us 08-10-2012 01:11 PM

Re: Some Clarity on the Control Stick

No fake pass button?

Shumpert21 08-10-2012 01:11 PM

"There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion."

i'll be doing this. nice. it'll be just like 2k12 but with L2 and right stick.

Steve Nashhole 08-10-2012 01:12 PM

how would it give more control to adopt control stick fully vs using the l2 version? theres more crosses mapped to just singular RS?

good news though for everyone who was scared. wonder how adjusting layups with the X button will work

shmitty 08-10-2012 01:14 PM

As long as we have the same arsenal of moves as last year I think everyone will love it. The question is about the shots that were triggered by holding down the LT, like the eurostep...will we still be able to pull off those moves?

speedy9386 08-10-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infam0us (Post 2043986865)
No fake pass button?

Did that ever even do anything?

qnzballa5 08-10-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shumpert21 (Post 2043986863)
"There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion."

i'll be doing this. nice. it'll be just like 2k12 but with L2 and right stick.

Thats all i needed to hear YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. Now just get yall Online Right n focus on everything for Online of course gameplay also.. and take the spin dunk and power dunk animations out then this will be the best 2k game ever....

eko718 08-10-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beluba (Post 2043986831)
There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion.

I have a feeling this might feel like a more natural setup for me personally. I love the options you guys are providing.:waytogo: