Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Next Year (/forums/showthread.php?t=56725)

syrup 10-19-2003 09:52 PM

Next Year

I was wondering what ideas people have for next years game. I would like to see expanded rosters, in season recruiting, real coach names, coaching staffs, ability to expand stadiums, ability to practice in dynasty mode, a couple of high school all american games I would like to see one per region but to have just one would be good and to keep stats from previous players at least an option to save your stats at the end of the season or something. I know EA won't do half of these things but I would like to see them do a few.

Vince 10-19-2003 09:59 PM

Re: Next Year

Nike Camp,year-round recruiting,more in-depth dynasty mode and more classic games.

tshelton 10-19-2003 10:01 PM

How about the end of the year all-american games?

Pokes 10-19-2003 10:09 PM

I'd like the ability to hire a staff, and i,e. have coordinators call plays in certain situations.

outkast44 10-19-2003 10:29 PM

I would love it if you could expand stadiums or build new ones. It kind of sux to have built a small program into a major one in a major conference and have no hope of playing anywhere other than a 10,000 seat stadium with nothing but grass behind both endzones.

Oh yeah, and a ROTATING CONFERENCE SCHEDULE. Don't understand why that isn't already in there.

mdhoward 10-20-2003 10:17 AM

I would love more creative control in the edit coach option. So that you could eliminate the generic look of the off the wall 90's multicolored shirts and give the coach the more traditional clothing they wear now. Since EA hasn't seemed to realize that no one dresses like this anymore. I would also like to see more improvements in the stadium atmosphere. There is so much that is missing to give the game the feel of a real college football game. The crowd needs to be even louder almost to the point to where the broadcasters are drown out espeically in big plays. I want to see my team jumping up and down and going crazy on the side lines when my man breaks a big run down the sideline. The bands needs to play more often, for example Florida St.'s war chant needs to occur more than once or twice a quarter. Also, it would be nice to see something other than the mascot when a team scores. How about a close up of a celebration or a pan across the crowd? Anything but the repetitive mascot/horrible animated cheerleaders/running of the flag. Or the firing of the cannon that not too many teams use but yet it seems like each team in the game has. I would also like to see more movement on defense. More crowding of the line to fake a rush, more moving and pointing, just more confusion. It would be nice to be able to create a play or edit the playbook to run plays that are more true to the real life playbook.

LetsGoPitt 10-20-2003 10:35 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
TexanWolverine said:
I'd like the ability to hire a staff, and i,e. have coordinators call plays in certain situations.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
I like this idea, along with the stadium construction idea.

I'd love to have a more career feel to coaching. When you move to a low-prestige school, your prestige goes down, and I don't think that's fair. If you won three straight national championships with Ohio State, fans and players should be excited when you decide to become the head coach of the 1-star Idaho Vandals. Recruits might actually give your team a look now based on the fact that a well-known and successful coach is there.

I'd also like to have things similar to the owner mode in Madden and NHL where you schedule practices during the off-week (focus on things that were bad the game before, for example), and have to hire coaches, training staffs, etc. None of that NHL RPG stuff though.

Of course, EA will probably just give us more mascot teams...

SportsAce 10-20-2003 08:28 PM

Better graphics and small Nebraska schools.