Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What are 3 things you do to make the game better/harder? (/forums/showthread.php?t=567311)

Scrollbar 08-12-2012 10:37 PM

What are 3 things you do to make the game better/harder?

I guess you could consider these "house rules" too. What do you do in game to make it harder/more realistic?
  1. If the CPU gets sacked on a screen or option when they could have easily thrown the ball away or pitched it, I will take offside penalties too offset the loss only. Nothing worse than the computer killing its own drive by taking a needless 8 yard sack. This is a little extreme for some people I know but... since I can't edit playbooks without aggression being screwed up this is important to me.
  2. I don't switch players on defence. I don't use player lock either, as it's too mind bending changing hte persecptive.
  3. I don't go into motion on defence before the play starts, IE move the safety up. If the CPU doesn't do it, then I don't get to it. I also dont play as DE's anymore cuz it's too easy to beat the tackles

I'm quite fascinated to see what stuff other people have come up with.

WesternStateWR 08-12-2012 11:33 PM

Re: What are 3 things you do to make the game better/harder?

Honestly i just play by ask coach for plays and use 1 of the first 3 shown. Helps keep me honest and away from using money plays when i need them.

Other then that i just adjust the sliders as needed to give me the biggest challenge possible without having the CPU complete 25 of 25 pass attempts

TN - BRAVES FAN 08-13-2012 12:48 AM

Take the ice skates off all the player models lol

jello1717 08-13-2012 02:09 AM

I do a lot of common sense things as I play as sim as I can against the CPU. As for what you're getting at with this topic, one thing I do is whenever the CPU lines up for a stoopid FG that they have 0% change of making (I play on Heisman so this happens a LOT) then I'll call a FG return play and when my return guy catches it (usually at the goal line) I'll run out of bounds @ the 20 yard line to simulate a punt with a touchback. This way I don't get the ball way further downfield from the missed FG.

ghettoqball 08-13-2012 03:04 AM

Didn't buy it this year, but last year...

1. I wouldn't intentionally redshirt players. If they were on the depth chart and played, oh well. The CPU didn't intentionally redshirt people, so why should I? The AI is bad enough that I don't need any more advantages.

2. I didn't talk people into staying that wanted to leave early. Again, the CPU never tries to talk anybody back, and I don't need another advantage.

3. I created playbooks for the CPU on offense and defense. On offense, I took out all screens and some other worthless plays. On defense, I took out all nano blitzes and any play that left my receiver wide open.