Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Whatever happened to enjoying games (/forums/showthread.php?t=568722)

mooch49 08-18-2012 06:44 PM

Whatever happened to enjoying games

It seems nowadays most look to find everything wrong with the game, rather than just enjoying it for what it really is, a videogame. I realize in todays technology, we expect as close of emulation to the real thing. But we often forget that games originally intended to be fun. This years Madden, like in previous ones, may not emulate the NFL perfectly and completely. But it still is a darn good representation of football, while also serving as a enjoyable gaming experience. When I want the real thing, I watch the real thing. When I want to fantasize about it, I play Madden. Simple as that.
Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

bucknut88 08-18-2012 06:47 PM

Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Not sure this constitutes having its own thread....

Everybody has their own opinions. Not everybody is going to be happy about "this or that". Just the way it is.

killer miller31 08-18-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooch49 (Post 2044025117)
It seems nowadays most look to find everything wrong with the game, rather than just enjoying it for what it really is, a videogame. I realize in todays technology, we expect as close of emulation to the real thing. But we often forget that games originally intended to be fun. This years Madden, like in previous ones, may not emulate the NFL perfectly and completely. But it still is a darn good representation of football, while also serving as a enjoyable gaming experience. When I want the real thing, I watch the real thing. When I want to fantasize about it, I play Madden. Simple as that.
Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

I agree..everyone just wants to cry about what's not in games instead of being happy about what is..I for one am pumped for this game the 24 the can't come soon enough!!!:)

AttackAttack 08-18-2012 07:18 PM

When there are games 7 years old that have done football better them what we've been getting then people have a right to be mad. Specially when they are forced to buy it.

Smoke6 08-18-2012 07:20 PM

I was in the same boat, I can't complain no more until I have retail, but based off the demo things are looking good to me. I cried and complained for years and the game and new teams directions have me at a pause and applauding there efforts with regards to this demo.

Retail is another beast that we all need to be on the same page about, seems like the minority rules over the majority when it comes to madden so we need to poll the seriousness of each complaint and complain accordingly.

I know theirs bugs and legacy issues, but I feel for the first time in years they are headed in the right direction. Let's compile a list of complaints that we very specific and roll from their and get it addressed properly if we can.

splff3000 08-18-2012 07:22 PM

Exclusivity happened. I know for a fact that OS was nothing like this when there were other football games being made. If someone didn't like Madden, there was no need to complain. They could just go buy a different football game. More choices = Less complaining.

Skyboxer 08-18-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AttackAttack (Post 2044025238)
When there are games 7 years old that have done football better them what we've been getting then people have a right to be mad. Specially when they are forced to buy it.

No one is forced to buy anything. That's simply a cop out.
I didn't buy Madden 10 or 11, NCAA 11 or 12 because I knew I didn't like it.
And these "7 year old games" had plenty wrong with them also. Plus it's BC so they can still play that (those) game if they want.

Just saying that if people are unhappy then don't spend the money.

TeamBuilder 08-18-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splff3000 (Post 2044025256)
Exclusivity happened. I know for a fact that OS was nothing like this when there were other football games being made. If someone didn't like Madden, there was no need to complain. They could just go buy a different football game. More choices = Less complaining.

Right on. Not fun being "stuck."