Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Your Longest Offline Franchise? (Any Madden) (/forums/showthread.php?t=568908)

Cre8 08-19-2012 06:04 PM

Your Longest Offline Franchise? (Any Madden)

Out of curiosity I am curious if anyone has ever completed the 30 Full Seasons in Madden's Franchise mode.

My personal best is my Browns Franchise in Madden 12... Currently in the middle of the 9th season.

Took six years to win a Super Bowl but eventually went on to win three in-a-row.

Pappy Knuckles 08-19-2012 06:10 PM

Re: Your Longest Offline Franchise? (Any Madden)

I completed three full seasons in Madden 12. That's the longest I've ever ran a Franchise in this series.

mountaindew77 08-19-2012 06:14 PM

Back in the Madden 2001-2002 days my dad, my uncle and I did around 13-15 seasons on each of those games. We played that ish non stop.

thegregwitul 08-19-2012 07:04 PM

My brother and I played a co-op franchise for all 30 years with the Oakland Raiders in Madden 09 or 10. I don't remember which year, but it was the Madden that had the Head Coach prospects like Jack English, Leron James, Mister Wright, First Patterson, Boar Jackson and others (including a custom FB we named Balls Dunn). We did a fantasy draft and tried to make something out of JaMarcus Russell (didn't really work out) and then moved on to Josh Freeman (I'm a Bucs fan). About the 15 or 16 year mark we made it the Jack English draft and traded a bounty of picks and players for him...well worth it.

That was also the year where one of the later game updates screwed up thOe season stats, so you would have six or seven RB's hit over 2,000 yards. We just treated it as the NFL evolving and I changed the sliders to make the CPU RB's super powerful. Well, we had Leron James and went into the last game of the season with a chance to get 3,000 yards rushing (again the later seasons were getting wacky, keep this in mind). Well, we didn't win the game and on the last play of the season we only needed one yard to get 3,000 yards. Dallas was stone walling James all game, he only had about 53 yards on almost 30 carries. Well, we run the play, my brother using the RB and I'm using the o-lineman and what happens; stuffed for no gain, season finished with 2,999 yards rushing. We just had to laugh.

As unrealistic as those numbers sound, and again, based on the late season update that caused the season stats to get wacky, the last twelve years or so were off the wall, it was the most fun I've ever had playing a co-op sports games. The roster moves, drafts, working the salary cap, the fact that we knew the guys from Head Coach, it was the only time we ever played all 30 seasons. It's really a shame that the co-op was removed from the connected career/season mode. Playing as the o-line and the wideouts and my brother as QB and RB was so much fun and the story lines we saw develop in the game really made it that much more entertaining. I hope they bring co-op back next year.

D.S.T.X.B. 08-19-2012 09:45 PM

Me and a buddy of mine did a fantasy draft franchise. I had Arizona and he had the Bills. We went 7 seasons on Madden 2006 on PS2. We met in the superbowl 4 out of the 7. A lot of fun.

Calipup 08-19-2012 10:19 PM

Oh god I have no idea. I have gotten to about 5-9 in 4 different games. One game I had about 10 total between two different franchises. I basically stick with the same team throughout the whole game, I make new ones but can never get interested in them.

Elway7 08-19-2012 10:42 PM

I've bought every version of Madden and never completed one season yet, on any version! :shocked: I'm really close on Madden 12 for the Wii, though. I'm ten games in, playing coach mode.

For me it all just boils down to the length of time it takes to complete a game. I'm 39 years old. I don't have the time nor patience to play a game for an hour + anymore these days. Hence why I stick with the ol' 8-bit Tecmo SB. Three games in one hour, is more gratifying than one game an hour.

Colt45 08-19-2012 10:43 PM

Went the full 30 in Madden 99. Rae Carruth was a beast for me back then.

I have yet to hit an offseason on this gen.