Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Do you mute the Broadcasters? (/forums/showthread.php?t=569475)

MaxVPower 08-22-2012 10:20 AM

Do you mute the Broadcasters?

Just trying to gauge how many other players, like myself, mute the broadcasters and try to create an "at the stadium" feel.

MrOctober430 08-22-2012 10:36 AM

Re: Do you mute the Broadcasters?

I do, I enjoy the sound of the PA, the crowd and the sound on the field.

VolinBrazil 08-22-2012 11:27 AM

i mute the commentary because after a season or two it becomes predictable and boring. I just listen to music or news radio when I play

BadAssHskr 08-22-2012 11:33 AM

I turn it down to the point where i can still hear it, but it's not prominent during the game.

Anyone notice how the volume fluctuates? like it'll be normal volume for a period of time, then it'll essentially click and the sound will be cut down by nearly half?

DedicatedLeaguesNCAA 08-22-2012 12:06 PM

I don't mute the broadcasters. I find them amusing. My favorite announcing moment is during the opening of some of the games at Doak Campbell Stadium (FSU), when the war chant is sung. Personally, I think that it is hilarious.

jfsolo 08-22-2012 12:14 PM

Yes, I haven't heard the broadcast team even once for the last three years. Even if it was done well, I wouldn't listen to it. Unlike most people here, I don't want the game to mimic broadcast presentation, I prefer on the field presentation as much as possible.

MaxVPower 08-22-2012 01:16 PM

So let me pose this question -
If given the option for an "in stadium" feel or ESPN Broadcast feel, which would you choose?

In Stadium - Replays shown on scoreboard and scores from around the country or conference shown on the scoreboard between the plays. Even have PA announcer update important scores during timeouts or between quarters.

CrimsonCrush396 08-22-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxVPower (Post 2044042038)
In Stadium - Replays shown on scoreboard and scores from around the country or conference shown on the scoreboard between the plays. Even have PA announcer update important scores during timeouts or between quarters.

I really don't see who wouldn't pick this option. It's more realistic which is why I thought everyone plays college football games. I turn the broadcasters off, put on some headphones, and crank up my TV volume as if my ears are going to bleed. This makes me feel like I'm on the field. Even when I do this the crowd still sounds dead. Garbage crowd volume.