Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   why is this thread so different? (/forums/showthread.php?t=569569)

HechticSooner 08-22-2012 07:07 PM

why is this thread so different?

Okay so I'm into a lot of sports games and so I frequent a lot of the threads here especially The Show and this one. The difference in the two threads couldn't be any greater if they tried! Over there is a certain amount of bitching about the game sure, but mostly its levelheaded discussion and a lot of strategy talk. Let's face it there is a lot more strategy in football then baseball (lets not belabor this as its not the point) yet all the threads here are just bitching about the damn game.

Look people its a video game they all have certain issues but its not like this isn't a decent representation of the sport. Sure certain things could be differentin some ways and there are some bugs that still need to be fixed (and bugs aren't even close to design decisions). I come here for the strategy discussions, and to an extent the levelheaded game discussion at times, but get none of that here. Why?

Ramminyou 08-22-2012 07:16 PM

Re: why is this thread so different?

What are you talking about? There's plenty of strategy talk here. There are all kinds of threads discussing strategy on how to overcome the game's issues.

Pezell04x 08-22-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HechticSooner (Post 2044043728)
Okay so I'm into a lot of sports games and so I frequent a lot of the threads here especially The Show and this one. The difference in the two threads couldn't be any greater if they tried! Over there is a certain amount of bitching about the game sure, but mostly its levelheaded discussion and a lot of strategy talk. Let's face it there is a lot more strategy in football then baseball (lets not belabor this as its not the point) yet all the threads here are just bitching about the damn game.

Look people its a video game they all have certain issues but its not like this isn't a decent representation of the sport. Sure certain things could be differentin some ways and there are some bugs that still need to be fixed (and bugs aren't even close to design decisions). I come here for the strategy discussions, and to an extent the levelheaded game discussion at times, but get none of that here. Why?

Compare The Show and NCAA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MarylandMan 08-22-2012 07:23 PM

The Show is the greatest ever representation of it's sport. NCAA Football is just a joke compared to it. This game should be sold for 30 dollars.

majesty95 08-22-2012 07:24 PM

But what does complaining and moaning accomplish? Versus intelligent, constructive feedback?

The whining and complaining gets old to us, imagine how the devs feel. Do you think they look at a emotionally stable, well thought out criticism with more attention than they do an overly emotional/knee jerk response?

What do you prefer? Someone who complains and rants all of the time or someone who takes the time to rationally think out their responses and replies?

Ramminyou 08-22-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majesty95 (Post 2044043807)
But what does complaining and moaning accomplish? Versus intelligent, constructive feedback?

The whining and complaining gets old to us, imagine how the devs feel. Do you think they look at a emotionally stable, well thought out criticism with more attention than they do an overly emotional/knee jerk response?

What do you prefer? Someone who complains and rants all of the time or someone who takes the time to rationally think out their responses and replies?

I see plenty of threads here with constructive criticism, but if these problems that are brought up time and time again, especially the legacy issues, don't get fixed, then I think you have to expect a lot of posts that come off as complaining. Eventually people feel like they aren't being listened to at all, so they don't think it matters whether their posts are rants or are calm and collected ideas respectfully presented.

der juicen 08-22-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majesty95 (Post 2044043807)

Watch out, boy, with those words with punctuation, capitalization and correct grammar. You may get called an EA apologist or something equally absurd. Now, to contribute. There are reasons to complain about games under the umbrella of EA Sports. The complaining starts to get grating though. We expect a perfect game, or as others so eloquently say, 2k5. This won't happen, it's a new generation. Hell, the guys that work on these games are most likely working their asses off developing the next iteration, the next generation flagship title, or both.

It's very, very easy to sit and find these problems. What we don't know is how easy it is to fix these problems that are legacy issues with the engine. I figure they are trying to fix these problems in their released version with piles of other work to do. They work for a business that has a certain schedule to meet. Every problem won't be fixed, but it's insulting to think they just don't care. That may be a reason they don't like to hang around here anymore.

On a certain forum I am on, there are at least 4 developers who hang out and shoot the hockey. No insults are funneled into their ear. I guess there just needs to be a change of attitude in these forums, or a weeding out of the rotten users.

MarylandMan 08-22-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by der juicen (Post 2044043889)
Watch out, boy, with those words with punctuation, capitalization and correct grammar. You may get called an EA apologist or something equally absurd. Now, to contribute. There are reasons to complain about games under the umbrella of EA Sports. The complaining starts to get grating though. We expect a perfect game, or as others so eloquently say, 2k5. This won't happen, it's a new generation. Hell, the guys that work on these games are most likely working their asses off developing the next iteration, the next generation flagship title, or both.

It's very, very easy to sit and find these problems. What we don't know is how easy it is to fix these problems that are legacy issues with the engine. I figure they are trying to fix these problems in their released version with piles of other work to do. They work for a business that has a certain schedule to meet. Every problem won't be fixed, but it's insulting to think they just don't care. That may be a reason they don't like to hang around here anymore.

On a certain forum I am on, there are at least 4 developers who hang out and shoot the hockey. No insults are funneled into their ear. I guess there just needs to be a change of attitude in these forums, or a weeding out of the rotten users.

Certain forum= non existent