Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WWE '13 Preview (360/PS3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=569703)

RaychelSnr 08-23-2012 12:14 PM

WWE '13 Preview (360/PS3)

So onto the reason you’re even reading this article, WWE ’13. The roster has over 80 characters this year. Some are duplicates; there are 3 Triple H’s and 3 Mick Foley’s (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack) for example. This was a necessary evil for the Attitude Era Mode. The story this year takes place between the years 1997-1999 covering the main section of the era. Since many of the guys on the roster went through gimmick changes during that period, the multiple characters were needed. Triple H has his “Hunter Hearst Helmsley” blueblood gimmick (music and all) ,which then goes into his DX gimmick, which as we know is different than the current Triple H, which is on the main roster. Some may find issue with it, but for crowd pops, moves, music, etc, it was needed.

The Attitude Era mode has 8 different stories, including DX, Steve Austin, Mankind, Undertaker, The Rock, and Bret Hart stories to cover. Over 65 matches to complete the entire mode, and around 20 WWE produced videos to get your blood pumping when the stories begin. The videos are the normal top notch WWE affair that you see every single Monday and Friday night on the programming and like the ones that were in Legends of Wrestlemania and WWE All-Stars. The two I was able to see both blew me away with production value and nostalgia. Also these videos are unlocked to be able to be seen at any later point.

Read More - WWE '13 Preview (360/PS3)

WTF 08-23-2012 12:53 PM

Sounds awesome. Great read Scott. One question, you may or not be able to answer. When you're designing the arena's, can you choose different length of ramps? I know w/ the Mania type venues, normally there's a longer ramp, more epic entrance, etc.

bxphenom7 08-23-2012 12:54 PM

are there no other story modes besides the attitude era ones?

ExtremeGamer 08-23-2012 12:58 PM

Re: WWE '13 Preview (360/PS3)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTF (Post 2044046709)
Sounds awesome. Great read Scott. One question, you may or not be able to answer. When you're designing the arena's, can you choose different length of ramps? I know w/ the Mania type venues, normally there's a longer ramp, more epic entrance, etc.

There were no edits for the ramp, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a longer ramp for a larger venue. Didn't see it, I apologize.

ExtremeGamer 08-23-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bxphenom7 (Post 2044046716)
are there no other story modes besides the attitude era ones?

Correct, the only true story mode is Attitude Era.

That being said, Universe mode is where you would put your current WWE Superstars, we'll be hearing about that in the coming weeks.

jaybird2585 08-23-2012 01:34 PM

I don't know why no else picked up on this, but there are 3 big shows as well. Current Big show, attitude era Big Show, and Paul Wright from the attitude era. Anyway, This game actually has my attention because of the story line and the number of wrestlers in the game

King_B_Mack 08-23-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybird2585 (Post 2044046906)
I don't know why no else picked up on this, but there are 3 big shows as well. Current Big show, attitude era Big Show, and Paul Wright from the attitude era. Anyway, This game actually has my attention because of the story line and the number of wrestlers in the game

There's only 2 Big Shows my man. Current and Paul Wight.

ExtremeGamer 08-23-2012 01:42 PM

Yep. Only 2 Big Shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk