Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Changing Position Types in CCM (/forums/showthread.php?t=570170)

PioneerRaptor 08-25-2012 01:30 AM

Changing Position Types in CCM

How To Change Schemes (Position Types)
1. Use the "Right Stick" to move over to "More".
2. Use the "Left Stick" to move to "Strategy".
3. Use the "Left Stick" to move to "Schemes".
4. Change each position to the desired scheme.

Once you have done this, should take less than a minute, you will notice that overalls for players will have changed to represent the fact that you changed your scheme. While their overalls do change, their attributes DO NOT change. Each player has different grades such as Physical, Intangible, Size, etc. These grades change dependent on your scheme. For example, let's say speed is one of the attributes that contributes to Intangible. As a 3-4 Pass Rusher, it may only make up 10% of the grade. As a Speed Rusher though, it may contribute 50% to the Intangible grade. These grades then determine the Overall for the player.

Note: These scheme changes will revert back to normal when you advance each week.

Knowledge_God_ 08-25-2012 02:50 AM

Re: Changing Position Types in CCM

Actually, I think your scheme resets after every game... So you are seeing messed up ratings because your position types have gone back to the default... Check

steve115658 08-25-2012 06:09 AM

I dont have the game yet but that can't be right. Why would that be put in? Why would they make scheme affect overall so much but then make me fix it every week?

PioneerRaptor 08-25-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knowledge_God_ (Post 2044056412)
Actually, I think your scheme resets after every game... So you are seeing messed up ratings because your position types have gone back to the default... Check

I'll check this in a moment, but I just entered practice mode.

EDIT: They did change, but not back to their default. Weird.

TeamBuilder 08-25-2012 02:02 PM

You mentioned that you are changing position types. Are you able to change player types?

For example let's say you see a free agent who is a 4-3 DE but you feel he has the necessary attributes to play DE in your 3-4. Can you switch his position type to 3-4 DE?

Mister_G 08-25-2012 02:14 PM

I tried to change this and it changed back immediately. I really have no f****** clue what is going on with CCM and it's starting to get really frustrating. I have no clue how to build a team the way I actually want to.

dylan123 08-25-2012 02:16 PM

I have a simple question.....did anyone actually test the game at EA before they released it? There seems to be so many issues with it and the EA mods seem all surprised at the feedback

Why is there no info on the issues on changing schemes as a coach for example. The manual they released as little issue of how to play the game.

CCM looks great but I really don't think they had the time to actually play it

PioneerRaptor 08-25-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamBuilder (Post 2044057904)
You mentioned that you are changing position types. Are you able to change player types?

For example let's say you see a free agent who is a 4-3 DE but you feel he has the necessary attributes to play DE in your 3-4. Can you switch his position type to 3-4 DE?

No you cannot. Though you can put him in that position and theoretically boost the attributes needed for that position but it won't change visually.