Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Played a game where Linebacker shot A gap everytime and made play (/forums/showthread.php?t=571411)

synch22 08-28-2012 11:03 PM

Played a game where Linebacker shot A gap everytime and made play

I got the latest update, played with stanford on heisman and play after play the linebackers on Cal shot the "A" gaps and made the plays. Power O, Counter, Toss. These are all playes where a frontside guard needs to make an attempt to block his man or gap which is that MLB. Time and time again it failed, I watched replays and nothing. The Guard stands around and blocked no one.

Is it just me noticing this??

lhinds7 08-28-2012 11:37 PM

Re: Played a game where Linebacker shot A gap everytime and made play

Over Storm Brave out of the Nickel. Move one (or both) of the LBs over the tackle. DE will have a free shot at the QB 87% of the time.

dre1919 08-29-2012 12:23 AM

Overstorm Brave out of Nickel, just let the LILB run through the line untouched and it's a sack 95% of the time. Well, assuming your linebacker is good enough. I play Notre Dame, with a 98 rated Manti Teo and he's got nearly 30 sacks on Heisman with two games left to play. But I would assume that even crappy linebackers can get in and probably get 15 sacks in a season. Truly a broken aspect to defense...the line doesn't even try to pick him up, even after multiple sacks, and will only throw a running back over to chop block him once in a great now and then.

pmurray20 08-29-2012 03:15 AM

i got on a dynasty game and tried a blitz every play and well my OLB broke the record with 15 sacks in one game and the play was running a 4-3 OLB blitz both went to the line and one would get blocked and the other will never be touched everytime

eyeamg0dly 08-29-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synch22 (Post 2044077438)
I got the latest update, played with stanford on heisman and play after play the linebackers on Cal shot the "A" gaps and made the plays. Power O, Counter, Toss. These are all playes where a frontside guard needs to make an attempt to block his man or gap which is that MLB. Time and time again it failed, I watched replays and nothing. The Guard stands around and blocked no one.

Is it just me noticing this??

its a bug in the play that has been there for a couple years. if anyone lines up or blitz the a gap, it will be blow the play up completely every single time. its one of those things that you read and audible out of when you see how the defense aligns.

dave92289 08-29-2012 05:11 PM

This is making me sad because someone in the OD I'm in is doing it and got 13, and 9 sacks the last two games...then brags to me about how he doesn't think he'll lose another game :waytogo: he also didn't have a pass attempt last game. Kinda frustrating when I like to play at least somewhat realistically.