Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   15min qtrs., Chiefs, Cassel only throws 22 times!? Ruining my experience! (/forums/showthread.php?t=571757)

DarthRambo 08-29-2012 07:55 PM

15min qtrs., Chiefs, Cassel only throws 22 times!? Ruining my experience!

Jamal Charles attempts 24 runs!? C'mon EA, you have got to fix this playcalling by the AI. Before it hit 2min left in the first half, Cassel only attempted 4 or 5 passes while they already ran it 9 or 10 times!! They once ran it 3 straight times and then punted...f'ng ridiculous and makes the game far too easy.

It was a close game as I couldn't get much going on offense, only leading 6-3 at the half. They took the lead 9-6 in the 3rd, and I finally got into the endzone in the 4th and winning 20-9. Anyways, the whole point of this is they cpu playcalling is half ********. I wish we had the option to at least pick run or pass for them or something...Is there a coaching philosophy option somewhere to changes the run/pass play calling???

Badguy1985 08-29-2012 07:59 PM

Re: 15min qtrs., Chiefs, Cassel only throws 22 times!? Ruining my experience!

Dude, the Chiefs are a running team. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a stat line like that in real life.

Bull_Market 08-29-2012 08:02 PM

Looks balanced to me, im not seeing any issues on my end /sarcasm/

DarthRambo 08-29-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badguy1985 (Post 2044082534)
Dude, the Chiefs are a running team. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a stat line like that in real life.

I'm sorry, but no team in the NFL (percentage wise) runs more than they pass. They ran it 30 times or so when you add the rushing attempts by McCluster. And when you are only averaging 3.2ypc, and going 3 and out you are not going to continue to run the ball.

cbiscuit 08-29-2012 08:04 PM

i dont see anything wrong that

fatleg3 08-29-2012 08:11 PM

Is this really worth for its own thread? There is a gameplay impression thread, a bug thread, and plenty of playcalling issue threads.

Here is basically the same thread. All you have to do is search. You might even find the answer to your problem.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-so-much.html

justin23IU 08-29-2012 08:21 PM

This seems pretty balanced to me. Just looking at some random games from last season, in week 2 last year, Matt Cassel had 22 PA vs. 29 team rushing attempts. In week 4, 24 pass attempts for Cassel vs. 27 team rushing attempts. I could keep going, but I think you get the point. This game has a lot of issues, but run/pass balance really doesn't seem to be one of them.

Jim Jones 08-29-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin23IU (Post 2044082658)
This seems pretty balanced to me. Just looking at some random games from last season, in week 2 last year, Matt Cassel had 22 PA vs. 29 team rushing attempts. In week 4, 24 pass attempts for Cassel vs. 27 team rushing attempts. I could keep going, but I think you get the point. This game has a lot of issues, but run/pass balance really doesn't seem to be one of them.

Ridiculous - play a CCM game and you'll find the same thing. You're looking it at in a vaccuum with the Chiefs. The problem is this kind of play calling happens no matter who you play, whether it's the Patriots or the Packers or a running team like Kansas City. The CPU AI favors the running game way too much in CCM. The playcalling is boring and predictable.