Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can you change your playbook? (/forums/showthread.php?t=572458)

rayb 08-31-2012 01:35 AM

Can you change your playbook?

Started up my franchise and chose "Bill Walsh" as my offensive playbook. Realize now I would rather change it. Can I change it in my Strategy tab somehow. I dont seem to see an option too. I know I can change it at the game set-up screen but I the "Bill Walsh" playbook is my default for practice, which is annoying since I dont want to use it for games anymore.

Just wondering.
Im sure its something simple that Im missing. Seems to be the norm for me.

rockit 08-31-2012 01:37 AM

Re: Can you change your playbook?

Nope, not in Connected Careers.

But you can Play Now.

rayb 08-31-2012 01:40 AM

Thanks. aghh..Im in pre-season so I guess I can re-start..Its little things like that, that are gone from the game that annoy me. Top of the list is no Fantasy Draft. Guess rational for that was that teams were to play more realistically, but I havent noticed that yet. Just played the Pats..think they ran 40 times even though they were behind all game.

Tackleberry 08-31-2012 02:43 AM

Surprised this doesn't piss more people off. With all the focus on schemes, to not be able to change your playbooks, or run/pass tendencies is just silly. For all the potential CCM has, the missing or just broken features just ruin it.

rayb 08-31-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry (Post 2044091024)
Surprised this doesn't piss more people off. With all the focus on schemes, to not be able to change your playbooks, or run/pass tendencies is just silly. For all the potential CCM has, the missing or just broken features just ruin it.

Yup. So I guess you sort of become locked in as a coach for your career. If this whole scheme thing is legit and teams develop on those lines guess you cant change your scheme other than changing it at the game screen. (which means sims wont be accurate)

petz_e 10-01-2012 04:13 AM

I am really surprised that this isn't possible anymore. I wanted to add 2 more offensive plays to my playbook, just to realize that this can't be done in CC. Very disappointing.

fballturkey 10-01-2012 01:16 PM

This is why I'm done with the game for right now. Part of what keeps me sucked in is being able to tinker with my playbook and develop new offensive schemes and build a team around that. Not being able to do that has made me put NCAA back in, which for me is a better game despite the on the field action being a bit worse. Customizing opponents jerseys, my playbook and roster editing so I can change recruits to my and my friends names? Big to me. I get that they aren't to everyone, I just don't get why they got left out of madden when you can do it for play now.

billsmetalbooze 10-01-2012 03:27 PM

you can't permanently change it but in Advanced Settings before every game you can change your playbooks. so it's a tiny bit of work every game but doable.