Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Your GM team? (/forums/showthread.php?t=572911)

Vikes1 09-01-2012 02:52 PM

Your GM team?

Just wondering which club you guys/gals plan on using in the BEAGM?

Myself, I'm trying to decide between the Wild [homer pick] and the Isles.

I've been using the Wild in GM mode for the last several years because their kind of and underdog team. As well as home town favorite. But really love the history of the Islanders. And it'd sure be fun to try to built them back up to a playoff team. Kind of a tough choice. But I'm thinking the home town team will most likely get the nod.

How bout you guys?

JamieLeeWV 09-01-2012 02:57 PM

Not sure the wild will be an 'underdog team' this season ;)

But I'll be using my devils. Only team I ever use in this mode <3

adayinthelife 09-01-2012 03:01 PM

Previously I've always picked a bottom 5 team every year in an attempt to rebuild. The last couple years I've steadily had less and less time to play games with my career and life taking off, so I was thinking of running with a playoff team this year to just work on creating a full on dynasty. Maybe someone like Philly, who already have a bunch of great pieces in place.

Segagendude 09-01-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Your GM team?

I create a team and move them to Cleveland. It was Atlanta, but since they're now in Winnipeg, I'll probably move Phoenix.

Or, I'll just play as Columbus, the only Ohio team IRL...

Rwings832 09-01-2012 03:09 PM

Now are you guys just going to sim, play, or you guys going to play as the coach. I am going to do the coach thing this year. I will be Detroit, with the challenge of trying to rebuild the defense since Lidstrom has retired.:wink:

canucksss 09-01-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segagendude (Post 2044098044)
I create a team and move them to Cleveland. It was Atlanta, but since they're now in Winnipeg, I'll probably move Phoenix.

Or, I'll just play as Columbus, the only Ohio team IRL...

same with you...either i will use Columbus or Phx and move them to Seattle :D. I just home that there'll be more logo i can use and at least 3 jerseys....1 for each: home, away and alternate.

Segagendude 09-01-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rwings832 (Post 2044098055)
Now are you guys just going to sim, play, or you guys going to play as the coach. I am going to do the coach thing this year. I will be Detroit, with the challenge of trying to rebuild the defense since Lidstrom has retired.:wink:

I try to play all 82 games. If I sim it's usually right after Christmas and New Year's. That's family time, and usually I have no chance to play.

canucksss 09-01-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segagendude (Post 2044098306)
I try to play all 82 games. If I sim it's usually right after Christmas and New Year's. That's family time, and usually I have no chance to play.

same with you...i played 3 seasons, more than 82 games per season, in spite of the many weaknesses of NHL 12.