Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How to progress bench players as a coach? (/forums/showthread.php?t=573352)

Obnoxious 09-03-2012 01:29 AM

How to progress bench players as a coach?

How do I do this? I start Alfred Morris as my HB in practice and complete the goals but never see XP for him? How do bench players get XP when playing as a coach? I traded Tim Hightower and Adam Carriker away and would like to progress Morris to be a solid #1 back with Helu playing Shotgun and 3DRB.

skachase 09-03-2012 02:18 PM

Re: How to progress bench players as a coach?

It seems the best thing to do is just give them playing time.

As HC in New Orleans, I was intrigued by the upside of a big guy like Nick Toon. He didn't seem like a good option in comparison to Colston, Moore and Henderson but played some amazing snaps in my first preseason with Chase Daniel throwing him the football. I went against my better judgement and traded Moore away and made Toon WR2, leaving Henderson in the slot. If you were to look at my depth chart you would see a 68 ovr receiver. Yet, it doesn't seem to matter, because Toon has 800 yrds and 9 TD's in 8 games. He's absolutely killing it; playing above-and-beyond his ratings because he suits my playing style so well. It shouldn't be too long until I score him the development trait, at which point it seems there will be no limit to his potential.

I'm in my second season now and am not afraid to start guys with low overalls if it means I eventually could have superstars.

I guess my point it, play the guys you want to play and they will get better. If you really don't want to do this, use Coach XP to buy booster packs (I'm not sure how well these work though).

DemonicEnemy 09-03-2012 03:19 PM

Certain practices give players XP.

the 2000 point practice where you are down 21 to 0 with a minute left in the first quarter gives all your players 1400 XP everytime.

over the course of the season, you are looking at almost 30k in XP.

ABR173rd 09-03-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicEnemy (Post 2044108187)

the 2000 point practice where you are down 21 to 0 with a minute left in the first quarter gives all your players 1400 XP everytime.

I'm assuming this is Online CCM.?

BigRed07 09-03-2012 04:27 PM

I think this is a great question. My game comes tomorrow so while I can't comment from experience, the new progression scares me a bit. We see it in the NFL all the time. Teams bring in journeymen to fill a position until the young rookie progresses enough through practice and limited game experience to become a starter. I have seen complaints here on the boards that practice does not help a player progress enough, and even then, you are forced to do practice every week (no xp for simming practice). Can anyone shed light on how player progression is for bench players? Also, I think there is another point that has not been brought up. How about aging players? If I simply keep on doing well with my 38 year old QB will he never regress?

andjuan 09-03-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicEnemy (Post 2044108187)

Is there a list of which practices give XP to who? Also, do the difficulties matter? I can't figure out why I would do a 1000 XP "Hard" practice when there's an "Easy" one for 1800 XP.

brandon27 09-03-2012 04:51 PM

Its the biggest issue with progression IMO. We had this debate in another thread just as of the season ticket release. I was trying to make that point, its crazy that the only way you can really get your bench players to progress greatly and take over a starters role, is to take a chance on them performing well and putting them into a starters role so they can earn all the crazy XP from the crazy goals they've set up.

Its pretty annoying too to basically have to play an entire game as a practice to earn such little XP. It makes franchise play take forever to have to play through basically two games a week.