Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Has the online experience always been... (/forums/showthread.php?t=573537)

EVerk 09-03-2012 05:19 PM

Has the online experience always been...

this bad?

Not only do you get a slow game that's constantly choppy (in H2H), there is something horribly wrong with the mic output that makes everyone I match up against an online player that has a mic sound like they're talking through a tin can. I repeatably message people during games, asking them to turn off their mics because the sound coming through is irritating as hell.

It's been a terrible experience so far. I hadn't purchased a madden game in about six years because I remember how broken defense vs passing game. It's strange that nothing has really changed, except for the amount of people that play. Every one I play against calls for on-side kicks every time, they go for it constantly on 4th and long (coming up with some scheme that's easy enough to beat man-to-man), pause the game endlessly as they holler at their kids with their cheap mics. The new physics engine looks broken on almost every play with arms/legs going through heads/torso's, and impossible tackles and break-tackles.. terribly unrealistic

Is it too late to return for a full refund I wonder? Or does EA have big plans to patch this mess. Seriously, this game runs more like a beta (or alpha?) release than a game I payed $65 for

azdawgpound 09-03-2012 05:33 PM

Re: Has the online experience always been...

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVerk (Post 2044108779)
this bad?

Not only do you get a slow game that's constantly choppy (in H2H), there is something horribly wrong with the mic output that makes everyone I match up against an online player that has a mic sound like they're talking through a tin can. I repeatably message people during games, asking them to turn off their mics because the sound coming through is irritating as hell.

It's been a terrible experience so far. I hadn't purchased a madden game in about six years because I remember how broken defense vs passing game. It's strange that nothing has really changed, except for the amount of people that play. Every one I play against calls for on-side kicks every time, they go for it constantly on 4th and long (coming up with some scheme that's easy enough to beat man-to-man), pause the game endlessly as they holler at their kids with their cheap mics. The new physics engine looks broken on almost every play with arms/legs going through heads/torso's, and impossible tackles and break-tackles.. terribly unrealistic

Is it too late to return for a full refund I wonder? Or does EA have big plans to patch this mess. Seriously, this game runs more like a beta (or alpha?) release than a game I payed $65 for

i noticed that the first time i played online this yr against a guy i work with in 12 i can hear him perfect in 13 its like he's eating his mic and can't hear far as online play the 2 games i played havent been choppy its been smooth.

Greencollarbaseball 09-03-2012 05:38 PM

It's your internets bro, you need more boost mobile minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knickerbocker 09-03-2012 05:40 PM

Game is fluid for me, nothing choppy bout it.

Greencollarbaseball 09-03-2012 05:42 PM

Seriously though, it could be your connection since everyone you play is having the same problem. You playing on ps3 or xbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prey2god 09-03-2012 05:44 PM

Everybody uses their internet differently. Some use their internet while connected to the game, some have multiple devices connected limiting the bandwidth. Some have shoddy routers or modems. Some never power cycled their modem/router forever.

Take things in consideration. But I have experienced "server disconnects" myself and i'm an IT guy. It's not on my side. It's the server stability. Some people who aren't having this problem are not playing it at peak hours.

Rocksmoke 09-03-2012 07:36 PM

I think the "tin can" you are referring to are when people are using Kinect..