Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How is the CPU progression doing in CCM? (/forums/showthread.php?t=574070)

BrianU 09-05-2012 10:31 AM

How is the CPU progression doing in CCM?

CCM is quite deep when you really look into it and I like it a lot better than last years franchise mode despite the new flaws we have to overcome. There is a lot of good discussion on here and much to learn.

I see people interested in USER progression and scouting as well as trades but I have not seen much talk about what is most important to me which is how the CPU players progress.

I read CWSapp757's great thread about CCM past year 1: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-year-1-a.html but there weren't many variables tested. I am worried that as the USER we will be much more efficient with upgrading our players and while our guys are rated 90s the CPU will still have 80s and that will create a much easier game. Without challenge CCM holds no interest to me.

I see there may be a need to have house rules when using XP to upgrade your own players but ideally i'd like to use all the features of the game fully without needing to hold back because the CPU isn't as efficient as me.

There is a setting to have players progress Weekly, Four weeks, or Seasonly. I am interested how this affects the CPU players progression and if you put it on season do they save up points and purchase better stats rather than blowing their points every week on useless stats like 'Toughness'. I will eventually test this but right now I am focused on my CCM sliders to create a challenge ingame so I wondered what peoples thoughts are on what I just typed and maybe spark a discussion!

JBH3 09-05-2012 10:49 AM

This is a great topic, I don't have much to add at this point, but am eager to see what others have found. I also would like to know if the CPU is saving pts to unlock the more expensive "traits" rather than just spending pts on "toughness" like you said.

BrianU 09-05-2012 11:00 AM

Re: How is the CPU progression doing in CCM?

Reading the other threads about XP and how deep the new progression system is for the user team sounds great but its all meaningless to me if I gain such a significant advantage over CPU teams. I may never use it and just have the CPU control my own teams progression to keep an even playing field but i'm hoping I don't have to.

Gatorfan89 09-05-2012 11:02 AM

I havent looked into it a lot, but I have read a couple places that every 4 weeks is the way to go for progression.

As for computer progression, I havent looked into it in-depth, but just at a glace I have noticed that some guys progress while others dont. In one CCM RG3 and Luck are both 93+, Richardson was 90+ while Blackmon ended up maxing at 83. However, in another on Blackmon ended up being a perenial all-pro and being about 90, while Luck was only an 86 and ended up on FA and RG3 was a 96.

I have also noticed that the CPU will develop some guys it drafts, and others not so much. I saw a CPU QB drafted at 82, and 4 years later was a 94.

I know that is a tiny sample size, but so far it has seemed very realistic to me with CPU progression, and I havent felt like I had an advantage. Some guys have been busts, and others have turned into stars, for both me and CPU teams.

Also in FA (which is a whole other issue) I have noticed a lot of guys progressed. Julio Jones, AJ Green, Morris Claiborne, etc all end up getting progressed a lot. Even smaller name guy like Perry Riley of the Redskins started at a 79 and after 4 years is an 86 for them.

Farmer joe 09-05-2012 11:24 AM

Very interested about this topic too. Its good to hear that the CPU does progress some players, and that there's variety to it. Its good to see that Luck won't always end up in the mid-90's in every single CCM. Its what I hated seeing in older Madden games, where you basically knew who would get to the high overall every time.

I do want to see someone do a few test runs over a few seasons in a few different CCMs to see what results they get. Like the OP stated, I'd like to see if the CPU is actually saving up XP and using it on more expensive, but relevant to the player, attributes and traits. I don't want to play a team 3 seasons down the line with all the guys at 99 Toughness, but not much else. I also don't want to play a CPU team whose starting CBs have the best Spin moves in NFL defensive history lol.

BrianU 09-05-2012 11:39 AM

Good stuff. I am not leaning one way or the other on this topic I honestly haven't looked at it so I have no opinion thanks for your observations.

I try to limit my exposure to things involving the draft and scouting when I read OS. I read a real informative thread about scouting techniques and how to best spend points that caused me to create this post. I don't want to find a formula on how to spend my XP that allows me to progress players much better than the CPU uses, I want them to be on par with me.

JBH3 09-05-2012 12:01 PM

I think I may go the "progress every 4 weeks" route anyways. I think it would potentially be better for the CPU, and would give me (the user) something to look forward to every 4 weeks.

BrianU 09-05-2012 12:05 PM

I like the ability to upgrade XP at anytime (week to week) but I agree. Ideally if you could have the USER upgrade whenever and set the CPU separately to 4 week or seasonal that would be nice.

There needs to be a test to see if that even affects the CPU we can assume it does but I don't think it's ever been tested. And what about Seasonal upgrades is that better for the CPU than every 4 weeks? I want them to perform that task as best they can, I should stop typing and start playing.