Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do cornerbacks matter in Madden 13? (/forums/showthread.php?t=575216)

DELUS1ONAL 09-08-2012 05:01 PM

Do cornerbacks matter in Madden 13?

Hey guys,

Do you think it really matters if you have good to great corners in this years game? This could apply to any Madden, I guess.

One of the reasons I ask this is because I was wondering if it's worth drafting them in the higher rounds? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joobieo 09-08-2012 05:20 PM

Re: Do cornerbacks matter in Madden 13?

I wouldn't say the overall matters that much . But certain stats inside of their overall rating do matter a lot . For example the raiders , they are so fast and have decent hands that you end up throwing picks left and right if youn aren't careful.

howemj192 09-08-2012 05:51 PM

I started playing with the Jets, and now if I play with anyone else I notice a definite dropoff in pass defense. They go 3 deep with solid CBs including Revis who is a legit shutdown corner. So yes if u have guys with 90s press and man cover ratings you they matter. Otherwise they all mostly suck

DELUS1ONAL 09-08-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joobieo (Post 2044135581)
I wouldn't say the overall matters that much . But certain stats inside of their overall rating do matter a lot . For example the raiders , they are so fast and have decent hands that you end up throwing picks left and right if youn aren't careful.

So when I scout I should look at the prospects speed a great deal? I know speed is important (obviously) but should it be one of the first attributes I scout?

Jimi XIII 09-08-2012 06:00 PM

I'd have to say, this year...a lot of good players matter all over. LBs are a lot more all over the place if they are actually good since they get the tackles now. CB seems to be the same way, I didn't even risk passing to Revis when my friend played with the Jets.

Greencollarbaseball 09-08-2012 06:00 PM

For a CB the first things I scout are speed, zone coverage and man coverage. If those are good I might look at awareness and play recognition, if it's going to be a high pick, otherwise the first three are all I really care about.

DELUS1ONAL 09-08-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball (Post 2044135810)
For a CB the first things I scout are speed, zone coverage and man coverage. If those are good I might look at awareness and play recognition, if it's going to be a high pick, otherwise the first three are all I really care about.

In what round do you typically draft your corners?

TMJOHNS18 09-08-2012 06:09 PM

I've been playing with the Jets this year. From what i've gathered, Revis is a near shut down corner in madden terms. He's got the Awr/Recognition and Man coverage to keep the coverage tight. Cromartie's got the physical statue for it but not the skills (think is play rec and awr are a good bit lower) but he's still decent with his coverage other than that he can't tackle for ****.

Jets got 3 legit CBs, 1 is near lockdown while the other 2 will do a good job making the windows tight. For me, after playing with the Jets, if I need to look for corners it'll either be for athletic one's (tall, quick) who can use their body to break up plays. Only way I'd look at sub 6'0'' cbs (Revis) would be if they have elite coverage ratings.