Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Wide Receivers in the Backfield (/forums/showthread.php?t=575553)

Haze88 09-09-2012 05:31 PM

Wide Receivers in the Backfield

I am currently recruiting a 4-star ATH who is a WR/RB hybrid. He's 6'3 200 so i want him primarily out wide, but I know some formation subs have a receiver lined up at running back. Any one know which ones

PowerofRed25 09-10-2012 01:51 AM

Re: Wide Receivers in the Backfield

Just off hand, I believe Pistol Full House has it. One or two of the SG Split sets may have it as well and if I remember right, either Trips or Trips Open has that ability but I'm not sure.

You could always put him as HB 2 on your depth chart and use the HB Sub package in the formations that do not have a WR Backfield set. Or if you don't use the FB position in your offense, just put him at FB on the depth chart. Most offensive sets have a FB at HB package and he'd go in there.

I used to do that when I had 3 HB's I wanted to get carries. I'd put the top 2 at HB and the third at FB so I could use packages to get each carries in every formation.

jello1717 09-10-2012 02:06 AM

I don't know if the same thing happens with package subs, but I'd be careful about putting guys out of position on the depth chart. I recruited a QB/HB/WR athlete that I made a QB. He was my backup QB so I tried putting him at #3 on my HB depth chart (since he's a triple threat) but the game cuts his CAR rating in half (but that seems to be the only rating). As a QB and even as a WR his CAR rating is an 82, but if he's in the HB depth chart, his CAR rating is listed as a 41. He still has 91 SPD, 93 ACC, 68 BTK, 64 TRK, 75 ELU, 79 BCV, 75 JKM, 79 CTH, 74 CIT, 85 RTE though, even at HB.

I just checked one of my WRs, and his CAR rating is halved when put in the HB depth chart too.

Haze88 09-11-2012 08:46 PM

Thanks. I know De'Anthony Thomas is listed at #2 RB but lines up in the slot for Oregon and is used for sub packages, but I didn't know if you could put the "starter" wideout at RB2 and get the same effect. I'll try it out later.

brianmullanl 09-11-2012 11:04 PM

Just off hand, I believe Pistol Full House has it.

Haze88 09-17-2012 09:27 PM

Are there any under center WR at HB formation subs like Minnesota does with Percy Harvin or is it only shotgun formations