Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What scoring play excites you the most? (/forums/showthread.php?t=575755)

ScoobySnax 09-10-2012 02:03 PM

What scoring play excites you the most?

Taking the timing of the score (i.e. last second hail mary) and "style points" out of the equation, what scoring play excites you the most?

ImTellinTim 09-10-2012 02:14 PM

Re: What scoring play excites you the most?

Any "unexpected" TD, so any special teams/defensive TD. Completely demoralizes the other team and can sometimes be a huge score swing.

Kriech23 09-10-2012 02:27 PM

Blocked kick/punts are extra rare, so that's what I went with.

Chrisksaint 09-10-2012 02:57 PM

It's a tough call between Punt Returns, Blocks, and Pick Six.

Id probably go with Punt Returns, but blocks are right as if they happen they really get me pumped up like yesterday

mestevo 09-10-2012 03:01 PM

Home runs that were clearly meant to be singles. Big YAC, pedestrian 2-4 yard gains that through good play by the person with the ball or a great effort by an OL getting down the field to throw one more block... turns the play into something much more.

Long bombs and blown coverage just aren't as rare in this era. Hard to argue with some of the above though, like the blocks for TDs, and anything relatively unexpected.

SPTO 09-10-2012 03:08 PM

Hmmm, anything out of the blue. I'm leaning towards a pick six.

ImaGamer_OS 09-10-2012 03:33 PM

I also would vote "anything" though if pushed for one answer from the above I'd nominate a PR or KR. I love a player like Devin Hester who can be an impact player on Special Teams. It adds another dimension to your football team.

cjonesfan921 09-10-2012 03:36 PM

A pick six is so demoralizing.