Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Boxing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Pacquiao-Marquez IV: December 8, 2012 (/forums/showthread.php?t=577255)

bigeastbumrush 09-15-2012 04:07 AM

Pacquiao-Marquez IV: December 8, 2012

HBO PPV
Quote:

Pacquiao picked Marquez because the money was bigger, Arum told ESPN.com on Friday.

Arum said he is guaranteeing Pacquiao $23 million for the fight. Had he faced Bradley again, it would have been "considerably less," according to Arum, who declined to reveal the figure.

"Because the economics for the Marquez fight were so much greater than for a Bradley rematch, that is what Manny decided to do," Arum said. "It's so much greater because of the support Marquez has from the Hispanic community. Look at the past numbers. When Pacquiao fought Marquez (in November), it sold close to 1.3 million pay-per-view. Bradley was about 900,000. That's a big difference. Plus, the gate goes from probably $8 million to $12 million."

Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer, said once Cotto turned down an offer, he preferred for Pacquiao to fight Bradley again.

"Manny knew I would prefer Bradley," Roach said. "I think the money was a huge factor. Bradley doesn't bring the people Marquez does. But I would have rather had revenge for that bad decision in June."
*facepalm*

-What happened to Bradley-Pacquiao II?

-Does Mayweather get a shot at Bradley first fresh out of jail?

-Does Bradley fight a much bigger Cotto setting up PBF/PAC vs. Cotto II?

-How does Arum continue to hoodwink the states for these fights? PAC/Marquez is a bigger draw than PAC/Bradley II but the rematch shouldn't be skipped to have these guys fight a fourth time.

-As good of a salesman he is...there is no angle whatsoever for PBF to try to hype PBF vs. Bradley. That fight would be a joke of a contest and even the most casual of boxing fans know this.

What happened to this once great sport? It is a circus act between the 2 main promoters and nothing more. :y5:

Dos_Santos 09-15-2012 05:36 AM

Re: Pacquiao-Marquez IV: December 8, 2012

I am a Money guy but I commend Pac for not fighting Bradley again. He absolutely beat Bradley and the only one that benefits from that rematch is Bradley's bank account. That is a step in the right direction for boxing.

I truly believe Money-Pac will happen in May.

aholbert32 09-15-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush (Post 2044171462)
HBO PPV

*facepalm*

-What happened to Bradley-Pacquiao II?

-Does Mayweather get a shot at Bradley first fresh out of jail?

-Does Bradley fight a much bigger Cotto setting up PBF/PAC vs. Cotto II?

-How does Arum continue to hoodwink the states for these fights? PAC/Marquez is a bigger draw than PAC/Bradley II but the rematch shouldn't be skipped to have these guys fight a fourth time.

-As good of a salesman he is...there is no angle whatsoever for PBF to try to hype PBF vs. Bradley. That fight would be a joke of a contest and even the most casual of boxing fans know this.

What happened to this once great sport? It is a circus act between the 2 main promoters and nothing more. :y5:

Bradley/Pac 2 is dead.

Mayweather isnt planning to fight again this year.

Cotto is fighting in December against Austin Trout so no fight against Bradley.

Bradley is fighting an undetermined opponent in December in NY.

I dont know what you mean by hoodwink a state or what that would have to do with determining who fights who. Promoters and Sanctioning Bodies make the fights. If Arum and Pac want to do a Fourth Marquez fight, its their call. Also the state of Nevada will be more than happy to take the revenue generated from a Pac/Marquez fight.

pietasterp 09-15-2012 03:23 PM

Not interested. PPV? Hilarious. Boxing has fallen, and will never get up...

Dos_Santos 09-15-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pietasterp (Post 2044173280)

Boxing has a ton of issues but still drives crazy money. To even dispute this is tantamount to trolling.

To say it will never get up or is at a point where it is completely down is laughable and uniformed.

aholbert32 09-15-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Without you this fight will still hit a million buys.

JayBee74 09-15-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Not interested either, mainly because I never was a big Pac fan. Marquez again?-enough already.

There are a lot of other fights I'd like to see though, including tonight's. Why post in this forum if you don't like boxing?

BOSsTOwN 09-16-2012 02:02 AM