Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EA please bring back fair play!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=578193)

Ferweezy 09-17-2012 01:00 AM

EA please bring back fair play!!!

I'm tired of running into people that always go for it on 4th and whatever and onside kicking and squibing every kickoff. It's annoying as heck. I don't understand why EA took it off when they know that there are a**hole players out there that play like douches. It's extremely annoying and weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kunner 09-17-2012 01:02 AM

Re: EA please bring back fair play!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferweezy (Post 2044181629)
I'm tired of running into people that always go for it on 4th and whatever and onside kicking and squibing every kickoff. It's annoying as heck. I don't understand why EA took it off when they know that there are a**hole players out there that play like douches. It's extremely annoying and weak.

Precisely the reason I play my online CC with only myself. Get the online CC stuff that is fixed, and you dont have to play cheesers.

Ferweezy 09-17-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunner (Post 2044181642)
Precisely the reason I play my online CC with only myself. Get the online CC stuff that is fixed, and you dont have to play cheesers.

Im in 2 online CCM. I like to play h2h because I don't like playing the CPU and sometimes see different opponents. Last madden I recalled had fair play was madden 05. It grayed out plays if you was trying to go for it on 4th down or onside kick it on inappropriate situations. They seriously need to bring it back.

kunner 09-17-2012 01:10 AM

I remember it, I remember it well. I wish it was back, cuz then I might actually play some ppl online in the game

BlastX21 09-17-2012 01:40 AM

In a perfect world, there would be a Sim lobby and a Freestyle lobby, rather than East/West. The Freestyle lobby's games would operate as the do now. In the Sim lobby, a player going for it on an unrealistic 4th down would have the run defense and pass defense sliders increased by 10-20 notches, making it, uh, difficult for him to succeed. If the same play is ran twice in a row (other than a power run), the second play will be completely covered by the CPU. Etc.

That way you can please the cheesers and the sim players.

bigball12 09-17-2012 02:10 AM

100% agree with this! It must be reimplemented. This is supposed to be a simulation game, and the way the game is now, it DOES NOT punish people for playing stupidly.

I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to get beat by someone who is clearly inferior in strategy & skill simply because they get "lucky" on 4th down plays.

BlastX21 09-17-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigball12 (Post 2044181792)
100% agree with this! It must be reimplemented. This is supposed to be a simulation game, and the way the game is now, it DOES NOT punish people for playing stupidly.

I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to get beat by someone who is clearly inferior in strategy & skill simply because they get "lucky" on 4th down plays.

The thing is you can't implement it universally. Given the sheer amount of cheesers who buy the game, taking away their playstyle altogether would cost sales. The ideal solution is to have it be optional, e.g, different lobbies.

MikeLove 09-17-2012 03:16 AM

its because aholes and douchebags are their target demographic