Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What 5 "Signature Skills" are you going to use for your "My Player" and WHY???? (/forums/showthread.php?t=578337)

frbroussard 09-17-2012 01:52 PM

What 5 "Signature Skills" are you going to use for your "My Player" and WHY????

First of all, Im jacked up that 2k is bringing back online "Pick Up" games for "My Player" this year. There is no better feeling then hoopin somebody up on a virtual basketball court other than actually doing it in REAL LIFE. Everybody has there own preference of game modes. But in 2k11 mine was the "My Player" "Pick Up" game mode. Where you and 9 other strangers can go ball out. So what that being said let me run down my 5 "Signature Skills" I will use for "My Player" this year and tell you why. Im a point guard and I have a hunch that every "My Player" point guard will have the "Signature Skill" "Ankle Breaker" sooooo

Defense first:
1. Lock Down Defender - when a player tries to go all willy nillie AND 1 style using the "Ankle Breaker" I can neutralizes his moves.

2. Pick Pocket - There is no better feeling when you take somebodies cookies while they are dribbling and you go lay it in or get a dunk on the other end.

Offense second
3. Floor General - This "Signature Skill" is to counter "Lockdown Defender". Im the type of guard that likes to get where i want to on the floor to create for my teammates.

4. Dimer - Im a pass first guard, so at times i might go in for a layup and the help defense comes. I can dish it out to teammate for a easy shot.

5. Ankle Breaker - Like I mentioned before, I like to get where I want to on the court at all times, so if I can break someone down to make an easy pass for an assist, then thats what im going to do.

My game style as a point guard: I would rather have 4 points and 15 assist, Than 30 points and 0 assist.

My Game Tag XBOX 360: Souf Sil 4 Lil
Myplayer name: Brandon Justice, look for him, HE IS NIIIIIICE!

Rondo To KG 09-17-2012 02:03 PM

Re: What 5 "Signature Skills" are you going to use for your "My Player" and WHY????

6'8" 220 Point Forward SF:

Floor General
Dimer
Break Starter
Ankle Breaker
Shot Creator

Going to focus on getting my teammates points this year. Hopefully teammate AI has been improved enough that I can do this without getting frustrated.

frbroussard 09-17-2012 02:07 PM

Re: What 5 "Signature Skills" are you going to use for your "My Player" and WHY????

Thats whats up. You going for that new and improved Lamar Odom look huh? But defense going to be lacking?

uraz3r0 09-17-2012 02:08 PM

I'm gonna be a 6'4" shooting guard.

In real life, I am a decent dribbler but I do not think I deserve Ankle Breaker.

FINISHER: As I am pretty good around the basket.

ACROBAT: I seem to be pretty good at throwing up shots that make people wonder how I got it off. It ain't pretty in real life but I was athletic like My Player will be, I think they would be acrobatic shots.

ACTIVE HANDS: I'm only 5'11" so on fast break D I do a lot of poking the ball out.

MICROWAVE: When I get hot I can make any shot.

SHOT CREATOR: I am pretty good with fadeaways and leaners.

Ultimately I think I translate most to a Monta Ellis type game where I can get hot and score a lot, but I am not that efficient.

DurtySoufReppin 09-17-2012 02:40 PM

6'9 SF/PF 210

Lock Down Defender
Eraser
Dimer
Post Proficiency
Finisher

Average athleticism, all skill.

Xuriath 09-17-2012 02:43 PM

7'1 285 Pound Mammoth of a Center

Eraser: You won't come into my house with that weak ish! I'm bringing the 90's back. GET THAT OUTTA HERE!!!

Lockdown Defender: You think you can post me up, or break me down on a pick and roll? That's dead!!!! You ain't got nothing!!!!

Scrapper: I'm getting every rebound, loose ball, anything!!!! I'm pulling down 20 boards a game guarenteed.

Chasedown Artist: Oh you think you have the upperhand on me during a break? Ok, watch your back i'm coming for you.

Finisher: Once i'm in the paint, there is no stopping me. Just give up....

sirfreshalot718 09-17-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frbroussard (Post 2044183422)
Thats whats up. You going for that new and improved Lamar Odom look huh? But defense going to be lacking?

His defense might not be lacking because he can still have the rating of a 25-99 on ball defense sig skills just trigger the effect of a players specialty but doesn't mean he cant still be a beast on defense if he has 99 on ball defensive player you still have to put into an account of all the ratings as well because you can still have 99 steal and pick the ball off but if u have the skill you just get a better percentage of stealing it compared to the guy with just 99 steal

Trini94 09-17-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin (Post 2044183584)
6'9 SF/PF 210

Lock Down Defender
Eraser
Dimer
Post Proficiency
Finisher

Average athleticism, all skill.

Look like you trying to go against me in that 2k13 when we play them pickups Durty lol