Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can't re-sign my own players (/forums/showthread.php?t=578891)

Zodiac25 09-19-2012 07:13 AM

Can't re-sign my own players

I Am in my second year online ccm, and in the 3rd week I have to guys who have come up to be resigned. Problem is I go to sign them, and it says I can't because I am over the cap. It says Im 13 million over the cap. But then I go into the team salaries screen and I have about 12 million under.
This is so unplayable at the moment

roninho 09-19-2012 07:36 AM

Re: Can't re-sign my own players

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac25 (Post 2044192996)
I Am in my second year online ccm, and in the 3rd week I have to guys who have come up to be resigned. Problem is I go to sign them, and it says I can't because I am over the cap. It says Im 13 million over the cap. But then I go into the team salaries screen and I have about 12 million under.
This is so unplayable at the moment

Does your cap room of 12 million also take into account your cap penalties? If you cut or trade someone who still has a lot of guaranteed money on his contract you will get that as a penalty in the next season. So if you have traded 2 players who had $10 million guaranteed and $15 million guaranteed left ít would explain the 25 million difference you are experiencing (+$ 12 million to - $13 million)

D-MAC©® 09-19-2012 07:36 AM

Re: Can't re-sign my own players

Did you trade or release any of your stars?
Keep in mind you get charged a CAP penalty for the bonus you pay these guys when you do this.