Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Which team for association? 2k13 (/forums/showthread.php?t=579493)

raps218 09-21-2012 02:11 PM

Which team for association? 2k13

Im curious who everyone is going to choose for their association? I love taking teams who look to be terrible and try to make them a playoff contender right away. This year i will go with toronto, even though it looks like they will have a decent team.
G- lowry for his d and all around game
SG- derozan (although im tempted to trade him for more of a knock down mid range and 3 pt shooter. Or a great defender, would love to get sefelosha)
SF- fields. i like his 3 pt ability and rugged d as well as his athleticism
PF- Likely go with amir to start. over time valanciunas will become starting center with andrea going to pf
C- andrea. although ill be happy if/when valanciunas will show some rebounding because andrea could be better by at least 2 reb per gm.

Bench
Calderon-likely trade along with derozan for a gd SG or trade for picks and let terrence ross have alot of mins.
Ross- give this kid time to shine
Davis- hope he gets a little better this year. If he does, switch him to starting C
Valanciunas-Never know if i spell his last name right but give him 20 mins or so off the bench.
Acy- give him limited mins but hope he becomes a high energy player.

ondreythegiant 09-21-2012 02:31 PM

Re: Which team for association? 2k13

Love this thread every year.

I will obviously be rollin with my Cavs. It will be a little more exciting than last year because to start, we didn't even have the rookies, so no Kyrie or Tristan. It'll also be more exciting with the additions of Waiters, Zeller, and Miles.

1. Kyrie Irving- The star of the show...he's gonna be real nice with the new right stick dribbling.

2. Dion Waiters- Think of him like a very poor man's D-Wade at this point. Some day perhaps he will turn into something closer to him.

3. Alonzo Gee- My personal highlight reel, along with nice D and a good 3-point shot.

4. Anderson Varejao- The energy boost for the whole team. This team goes as he does, definitely my defensive anchor.

5. Tyler Zeller- This is probably how I'm gonna start, even with two rookies. Zeller has more of an NBA-ready game than Tristan, even though he is a rookie.

Bench:
Tristan Thompson- He has great energy, blocks shots, and has raw athleticism. Most likely my 6th man.

CJ Miles- Love this offseason addition. Not a star by any means, but a solid, streaky scorer and decent defender. Will be helpful off the bench.

Boobie Gibson- Even non-Cavs fans know this man can hit the trey.

Jeremy Pargo- Underrated filler for PG minutes to give Kyrie a blow.

I also will look around to use another team, because I usually go with multiple assocations. I might not even have the time the way myTEAM and myCAREER is lookin.

If I do roll with another association, it'll probably be with the Hornets/Nuggets

The Nuggets are my second favorite team and I like what the Hornets are doing.

I love Austin Rivers, and obviously Anthony Davis will be fun to play with, along with Eric Gordon.

The Nuggets are just a fun team, especially with the addition of Igoudala. Run 'n Gun baby.

Sportsfan0290 09-21-2012 03:11 PM

For me it depends I got two teams I may use.

1. La La Lakers All Day

1. Kobe Bryant- Once you get on that hot streak with him theres no turning back and the 4th qtr is mumba time.

2. Steve Nash- This duo is going to be one of the greatest of all time.

3. Pau Gasol- Thank god we didn't have to trade him Nash is going to make everyone better.

4. Dwight Howard or as announcers say him Dawight- When he's healthy again oh boy the NBA best watch out.

5. Meta World Peace- Hopefully he goes back to being the Rockets Meta the guy we signed to defend and play good again and hopefully no elbow throwing.

Team 2 Minnesota Timberwolves

This team is absolutly stacked I can see them making the 6-8 seed this season high hopes. Rubios making a fast recovery.

1. Kevin Love- I can average 14 12's every game just about in 2k12 2k13 should be fun plus he can shoot the 3.

2. Ricky Rubio- Look I've been following this kid for years I can't wait for year two watch out if star PG's get injured could be an all-star.

3. Brandon Roy- Can't wait to see him make is return and straight S**t on people again and make every team in the leagues jaws drop again.

4. Ak47 Andrei Kierlinko- He had a great season in Russia I think that's what this kid needed to get back to where he once was as well his defense and offensive state of mind should help this team a lot.

5. Nikola Pekovic- Pek just started coming back to his old self again watch out for him to have a breakout season averaging dbl dbls as well.

williams_87_05 09-21-2012 04:30 PM

I like all of your guys choices except the Lakers. Toronto, Cavs, and Twolves are all good picks for their own reasons. Toronto and the Cavs are good project teams for building. The Wolves would be fun because of the new players Roy and AK47.

My team this year is the 76ers. I need to trade for a backup pg to play behind Holiday. I also may trade for a SF so Turner can play SG and J-Rich can come off the bench. Also how can Bynum go un-mentioned. He is going to be huge for me this year.

Taer 09-21-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsfan0290 (Post 2044203280)
For me it depends I got two teams I may use.

1. La La Lakers All Day

1. Kobe Bryant- Once you get on that hot streak with him theres no turning back and the 4th qtr is mumba time.

2. Steve Nash- This duo is going to be one of the greatest of all time.

3. Pau Gasol- Thank god we didn't have to trade him Nash is going to make everyone better.

4. Dwight Howard or as announcers say him Dawight- When he's healthy again oh boy the NBA best watch out.

5. Meta World Peace- Hopefully he goes back to being the Rockets Meta the guy we signed to defend and play good again and hopefully no elbow throwing.

Team 2 Minnesota Timberwolves

This team is absolutly stacked I can see them making the 6-8 seed this season high hopes. Rubios making a fast recovery.

1. Kevin Love- I can average 14 12's every game just about in 2k12 2k13 should be fun plus he can shoot the 3.

2. Ricky Rubio- Look I've been following this kid for years I can't wait for year two watch out if star PG's get injured could be an all-star.

3. Brandon Roy- Can't wait to see him make is return and straight S**t on people again and make every team in the leagues jaws drop again.

4. Ak47 Andrei Kierlinko- He had a great season in Russia I think that's what this kid needed to get back to where he once was as well his defense and offensive state of mind should help this team a lot.

5. Nikola Pekovic- Pek just started coming back to his old self again watch out for him to have a breakout season averaging dbl dbls as well.

This is my basic plan as well...

Although I think the young Russian guard they signed( I forget his name, but it is Russian :smirk:) will have a greater then expected impact, especially with AK-47 on the team acting as mentor - I can see him backing both Rubio and Roy or even taking over as a starter if there is an injury.

InRodWeTrust 09-21-2012 04:42 PM

Two Words... Royce White! I really hope they have his skill set fairly accurate because I plan on making him the face of the Rockets franchise.

The Rockets give a real nice challenge but also have tons of young players to build around so basically I can mold that team to whatever I want them to be.

Caveman24 09-21-2012 05:08 PM

Im going with the Detroit Pistons.

PG-Brandon Knight great shooter get compared alot to Mr.Billups

SG-Rodney Stuckey-Allen Iverson and Billups have been washed off the team just because Dumars is in love with his game so much

SF-Tayshaun Prince-Longest tenure as a Piston(Ben Wallce left then came back doesn't count) veteran still feels it up never misses a game

PF-Greg Monroe 1 of the best young underrated big men in the game making the transition to what I feel is his more natural position at PF.

C-Andre Drummond-Who hasn't he got compared to?From Dwight all the way to Amare.Drummond has alot he needs to prove not looking for much his rookie year just rebound play good D but year 2-3 hopefully he and Monroe will create a dominant 1-2.

6th man-Corey Maggette-Not who he used to be but savy veteran was brought in from Bobcats via trade hope he contribute.

Back up PG-Will Bynum-If Rodney Stuckey continues to not improve Bynum will find himself given more minutes down the stretch.

Back up SG-Damien Wilkens will probably lose alot of his minutes to our younger players.

Back up PF-Jason Maxiell-He could lose this role if Charlie V comes in camp in shape and ready to play.

Back C-Open competition going let guys get some minutes then go from there might bring in a d-league player or 2.

Side Notes-Going forward everyone at the end of the season will be evaluated from the Head coach all the way down to the cheerleaders hope Brandon Knight will improve as a floor general and Greg Monroe can hopefully make the all-star team this year.Big questions for Rodney Stuckey if his shot is still flat and he's being selfish and not playing on the defensive end he will probably find his way out during the trade deadline.Kim English,Kyle Singler and Khris Middleton will get scrap time and development in the d-league as the season winds downs they will be gove the chance to start.Head coach Lawrence Frank is on the hot seat

LoSoisNiCEx414 09-21-2012 05:14 PM

Milwaukee Bucks

1. Brandon Jennings. His crossover is amazing & his a nice pull up 3.
2. Monta Ellis. A great scorer a bit short for a SG May trade him gor a young offensive wing playet with a lot of potential.
3. Mbau a Moute My Lockdown defender
4 Ersan Ilyasova stretch PF that hits 3s & a good rebounder
5 Dalembert My shotblocking monster.

Bench
6 Drew Gooden Great mid range shooting PF I might pavkage him with Ellis for a trade.
7 Beno Udrih a top 5 backup pg
8 Tobias Harris I expect him to have a great 2nd season & earn a lot of PT at SF.
9 John Henson a beast hope he becomes a star. He will on my team
10 Mike Dunleavy my spot up shooter
11 Epke Udoh primary Backup C.
12Doron Lamb back up sg, is a pure shooter will earn PT