Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Madden Roster Editor V1 (/forums/showthread.php?t=579625)

Xanathol 09-22-2012 12:44 AM

Madden Roster Editor V1

EDIT: Since I now can edit, will update this post with a link to the latest version.

Ok so here it is - v1 of the editor. It is very feature-lacking right now, as I wanted to get it out there for testing, etc ASAP before adding tons of other stuff to it, so please bare with me.

Things you need!

My Editor (updated 5/3/2013)
Horizon
.Net 4.0 ( to run my editor )

( by a couple of requests for the coders out there, here is a link to all of my editors - Madden, NCAA, and generic )

*** DISCLAIMER ***
ALWAYS backup your data! NEVER edit without a backup! I am not going to list steps to 'backup your stuff now' - please just assume you should!

1. Unzip my editor and the two DLLs into a folder somewhere on your PC.

2. Stick your USB stick with your roster on it in and run Horizon.

3. In Horizon, select Device Explorer ( on the right side of the main window ), expand into games, etc till you get to your roster file. Now extract that roster to a folder somewhere on your PC.

4. In Horizon, click on Tools up at the top, then Package Manager.

5. In the Package Manager, click Open and select your roster on your PC.

6. In the Package Manger, click on Contents and extract the file in there to your folder, adding a .MC02 to the end of the file name ( ex. ROSTERA.MC02 - this is just to keep things straight ).

7. Now run my editor, click File -> Open, and choose the MC02 file. A .DB file will be written out, so don't freak - its suppose to!

8. Edit away! There are filters along the top and some stuff you can only change on the left side ( like names ). Just double click a value to edit it.

9. Once done, click File -> Save - NOTE - your MC02 file was just overwritten!!!

10. In Horizon's Package Manager ( assuming you still have your roster open ), in the Content view, select the file, right click, and choose Replace. Browse to your MC02 file and select it. Now click on the Rehash & resign button in the Package Manager.

11. Copy the new roster onto your USB and make sure it works - that's it!

Hope I don't leave someone out but...

Thanks to the folks at Football Freaks, where I first learned all the 08 stuff.
Thanks to George Greer for documenting most of the the DB format.
Thanks to feudalnate for MC02 / EAChecksum dlls for the MC02 handling.
Thanks to dhsmustang & chrome_305 for plugging away at it.

Obligatory screenshot....

TT Mc Dre 09-22-2012 03:31 AM

Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

One Word my friends: Masterful!!!
I applaud all you guys.....

vnardella5 09-22-2012 06:10 AM

this is the only time i wish i had an xbox

tonybologna 09-22-2012 09:51 AM

This is only for Madden 12 right? You might want to make a note of that in your thread title. Maybe you can also get this editor working for M13 but it needs to be mentioned that in current state this is for Madden 12 only. Thanks!

TT Mc Dre 09-22-2012 10:12 AM

Wrong!!!! I have used this wonderful editor to edit the latest Madden NFL 13 (Play Now) Roster.. I changed Ray Lewis weight from 250 to 235, removed the Jr. from Calvin Johnson's Jersey and changed a few random things.. I can confirm it does work with screen shots.....

dhsmustang 09-22-2012 10:20 AM

I can also confirm that it works with Madden 13 rosters

jfb33 09-22-2012 12:02 PM

Can we edit roster in CCM whit this?

TT Mc Dre 09-22-2012 12:06 PM

I tried for about an hour my friend.. It doesn't even show up in the roster editor.. The CCM weighs 3.00 (estimating) compared to 7.09 kb for the roster.. I'm saying now "NO" for now but that doesn't mean they guys won't figured it out or until they give an definitive answer of no...