Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Console/Portable Talk (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Lost wireless connection to XBOX Live-was just fine before firmware upgrade...I think (/forums/showthread.php?t=580240)

FinsUp75 09-24-2012 09:56 AM

Lost wireless connection to XBOX Live-was just fine before firmware upgrade...I think

So, after moving to a new house and a new internet provider, I realized my slowed speeds over my wireless network may be due to outdated firmware on my Linksys router. I updated the firmware, and the speed is now there. However, my connection to XBOX Live has been stopped. It's the only hardware in the house that cannot connect to the internet over wireless. I've tried everything it seems. I've googled for answers, I've troubleshot through Xbox support, I've reset everything, gone into cmd>ipconfig/release, ipconfig/refresh, tried manual settings on the XBOX side.

The only thing I haven't tried, but can't remember if it's enabled or not, is to enable uPNP on the router. I googled this morning and found a website that recommended this.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

FinsUp75 09-24-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Lost wireless connection to XBOX Live-was just fine before firmware upgrade...I t

UPDATE: After further searching, I think it may be related to Comcast's Arris modem. It seems as if one solution is to use the modem as a bridge.

Anyone have the same problems? I had Time Warner Cable before with an Arris modem and had no problems connecting.