Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   One of The Most Disappointing Things About CCM (/forums/showthread.php?t=580360)

SECElit3 09-24-2012 07:53 PM

One of The Most Disappointing Things About CCM

While this may be perceived as a "hey EA" thread, it is not (Not Completely)

Who else likes to watch CPU vs CPU games during the season? It is surprising to me EA completely took away our ability to do this!

I used to love watching various Monday night football games or other key football games in my franchise. It adds to the immersion when you are able to do this. I watched all Monday night and all of the other playoff games in Madden 12. It was awesome! It is a whole different animal when you can watch the game develop first hand.

I want this back!

Am I the only one??

What was EA thinking with CCM?

SloeyEZ 09-24-2012 08:04 PM

Re: One of The Most Disappointing Things About CCM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElit3 (Post 2044216954)
While this may be perceived as a "hey EA" thread, it is not (Not Completely)

Who else likes to watch CPU vs CPU games during the season? It is surprising to me EA completely took away our ability to do this!

I used to love watching various Monday night football games or other key football games in my franchise. It adds to the immersion when you are able to do this. I watched all Monday night and all of the other playoff games in Madden 12. It was awesome! It is a whole different animal when you can watch the game develop first hand

Am I the only one??

What was EA thinking with CCM?

I'll tell you one possible reason that you can't watch other games, at least the playoff games and Superbowl. A lot of players do not watch the playoffs or Superbowl if they don't make it in. It is part superstition and part emotional that the last thing they want to do is watch the game they missed out on playing.

As a coach if I don't make it into the playoffs, i'm not watching them so it doesn't matter that much to me to be able to watch them.

As an immersion factor though, snippets or highlight shows during the season would be nice and watching primetime games during the regular season I could see as you said.

Calipup 09-24-2012 08:06 PM

I can see where you're coming from but I really have no interest in watching a CPU game at all. I would rather watch something else with my time or play another game to speed up the season.

jwhite1347 09-24-2012 08:07 PM

I agree -- My fall back was to do coach mode and let Madden pick the play and just watch -- But thats gone too -- At least bring back coach mode! Geezsh

Clemsonpanther 09-24-2012 08:12 PM

Kurt Warner pulled for the boys vs the vikes in the 99 (I think) playoffs when they won the SB

shadowman 09-24-2012 08:42 PM

No interest in watching the CPU play football. If I wanted to watch a game I would turn on a real game on TV.

SloeyEZ 09-24-2012 09:20 PM

What we really need to be able to watch is our own game the next week. Game Film for evaluation anyone???:coola:

SECElit3 09-24-2012 09:20 PM

Interesting how many people did not do this in their franchises.