Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams (/forums/showthread.php?t=580559)

Steve_OS 09-25-2012 04:48 PM

NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks to Tweefin123!

UPDATE: It looks like some of the ratings aren't accurate, based off of NBA 2K13 player ratings that have already been revealed.

UPDATE #2: Looks like the video was pulled, but we have it up locally. Thanks to bigball12.

Joobieo 09-25-2012 04:50 PM

Re: NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS (Post 2044222430)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K5SVI85dqJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks to Tweefin123!

Oh boy those Lakers , have fun everyone facing them online .

Burg Boy 09-25-2012 04:58 PM

I thought it was said Hibbert will be a 86, he is rated low on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryestye 09-25-2012 04:58 PM

Jonas Valanciunas at a 59? He was the fifth pick last year. Not sure about that one.

qbdaprizzle 09-25-2012 04:59 PM

miles plumlee is not a 55. 7'ft with a 40' vertical

qbdaprizzle 09-25-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryestye (Post 2044222499)
Jonas Valanciunas at a 59? He was the fifth pick last year. Not sure about that one.

exactly...maybe the sig skills will counter the rating

daveberg 09-25-2012 05:01 PM

Dr. J, Chris Webber & Kareem notably missing from the legends roster....

You have got to be kidding....:y5:

Belly_of_a_Whale 09-25-2012 05:05 PM

FYI, this doesn't appear to be the most up-to-date version, as Matt Barnes is still a Laker and some of the ratings are contrary to 2K's twitter reveals of just this last week.

Good to have, though!

Wildcats302 09-25-2012 05:05 PM

Yeah some of the ratings are off from what 2k has been releasing to us.

gator3guy 09-25-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbdaprizzle (Post 2044222505)
miles plumlee is not a 55. 7'ft with a 40' vertical

And no offensive game what-so-ever.

Belly_of_a_Whale 09-25-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Most of the rookies are getting reemed with their ratings. However, these obviously aren't the most current ratings, so hopefully some of these rookies will see a bump on the official release...

JazzMan 09-25-2012 05:08 PM

Not sure how Raja Bell is rated higher than Gordon Hayward..

qpc123 09-25-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale (Post 2044222538)
FYI, this doesn't appear to be the most up-to-date version, as Matt Barnes is still a Laker and some of the ratings are contrary to 2K's twitter reveals of just this last week.

Good to have, though!

What version would it be then? This is BigBall12's video right? He played it Best Buy. What version would they have other than the retail version?

Biagas 09-25-2012 05:11 PM

I'd rather them underrate the rookies than overrate them. I think we can all agree on that.

Kinda disappointed Harden is only an 81 when ellis, manu and others are at least 5 points higher. If he performs I guess he'll get an upgrade.

Biagas 09-25-2012 05:15 PM

Westbrook over rose? In b4 storm

VDusen04 09-25-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveberg (Post 2044222513)

I know I already said this in another thread but at least those three are kind of compatible with the create-a-player system. Kareem's drawback will be the inability to give him goggles. However, there's a few types of haircuts that actually pass for semi-realistic in 2K and I think two of them are bald and afro, and each of those players falls into one of those categories.

If I recall correctly, portlandblazer made a pretty darn authentic looking Webber prior to 2K12. Also, I believe prime Julius Erving will translate well to roster creators, as he has a lot of copy-able characteristics (hair, facial hair, accessories) that will help with believability. On the flip side, the Lakers version of Abdul-Jabbar is always going to look slightly off without goggles. I think the Bucks version may come out a little more recognizable.

Also, to further look at the bright side of things, at least each of those players should have their signature movements in the game already, so that should once again help in the create-a-player process.

Control-X 09-25-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveberg (Post 2044222513)

Too many missing players in the legends roster. Doc J, Kareem, and even Van Exel still isn't there. :frown: Looks like I'll be having the game on the PC again.

Biagas 09-25-2012 05:23 PM

Wow no Dr J or kareem? Wonder why last year and not this year. Not a big deal to me anyway but I wonder the reason.

nova91 09-25-2012 05:24 PM

My boy Hansbrough is a 71 with the Bruiser and Scrapper sig skills. If the Active Hands included tie-ups and deflections off of players on drives I could make a case for that, but since it doesn't, I think those two are OK for a player that doesn't really have a defined role on the Pacers right now.

theycallmeZZ 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbdaprizzle (Post 2044222512)
exactly...maybe the sig skills will counter the rating

He had no sig skills in the vid... even Drummond had Brick Wall

almostbobsaget 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

After viewing this video, I'm pretty sure Best Buy does not have a gold version of this game, whether it be the not having the latest roster build or a very late-stage beta of the game.

When did the game go gold? I would assume Friday or Monday? Regardless, I'm sure the roster team are working on finishing touches on the actual rosters up until the release day, at which point it'll be patched in.

The lack of the legends, though, it makes me seriously consider just going to the PC version this year.

Belly_of_a_Whale 09-25-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qpc123 (Post 2044222578)
What version would it be then? This is BigBall12's video right? He played it Best Buy. What version would they have other than the retail version?

Well, I don't know what version this is, but I'm 100% confident it isn't the version that will be released. Most of the last dozen or so ratings released via twitter are not represented accurately in these ratings (Bosh, Hibbert, Humphries, etc). Further, there are players in the free agent pool that are now signed, players on wrong teams (Matt Barnes), and several foreign players not included (Shved). Not to mention all the low rated rookies (ie, Terrence Jones at 59).

I'm sure some of those glaring roster mistakes will be rectified for the official release. And the ones that aren't will hopefully be in an update within the first week or so...

VDusen04 09-25-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biagas (Post 2044222656)
Wow no Dr J or kareem? Wonder why last year and not this year. Not a big deal to me anyway but I wonder the reason.

My uneducated shot in the dark theory would be that 2K pushed for the inclusion of those two for their special "legends" emphasis last year; playing the whole angle of "We're gearing a game toward you guys this year and we've got an entire mode devoted to you and we want everyone to be a part of it." As such, I'm guessing 2K was probably able to squeak out a few one year contracts with guys who otherwise wouldn't normally sign (Abdul-Jabbar had be absent from video games for years).

Biagas 09-25-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDusen04 (Post 2044222719)
My uneducated shot in the dark theory would be that 2K pushed for the inclusion of those two for their special "legends" emphasis last year; playing the whole angle of "We're gearing a game toward you guys this year and we've got an entire mode devoted to you and we want everyone to be a part of it." As such, I'm guessing 2K was probably able to squeak out a few one year contracts with guys who otherwise wouldn't normally sign (Abdul-Jabbar had be absent from video games for years).

I thought about something like that.. I agree. I wonder what's the big deal, I guess it all comes down to negotiation of $$$

qpc123 09-25-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale (Post 2044222718)
Well, I don't know what version this is, but I'm 100% confident it isn't the version that will be released. Most of the last dozen or so ratings released via twitter are not represented accurately in these ratings (Bosh, Hibbert, Humphries, etc). Further, there are players in the free agent pool that are now signed, players on wrong teams (Matt Barnes), and several foreign players not included (Shved). Not to mention all the low rated rookies (ie, Terrence Jones at 59).

I'm sure some of those glaring roster mistakes will be rectified for the official release. And the ones that aren't will hopefully be in an update within the first week or so...

While that all makes a lot of sense...

How did this Best Buy get a pre-Gold copy? Does 2k know about this?(I assume by now they do).

Also the ratings and free agents could easily be changed with a roster update when you first get the game.

It would be a super rare occurrence for a big box store like Best Buy to let customers play a non-Gold pre-release version of a game right?

Goffs 09-25-2012 05:43 PM

No Kareem? I wish 2k would give us an option to give goggles to our CAPS...

qpc123 09-25-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDusen04 (Post 2044222719)

This is the most likely scenario to me also.

But it stills leaves me wondering what was the point to keeping all the classic teams, especially the '77 and '85 Sixers. Without Dr. J. those teams are pretty weak and not really very interesting.

Biagas 09-25-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qpc123 (Post 2044222769)
This is the most likely scenario to me also.

But it stills leaves me wondering what was the point to keeping all the classic teams, especially the '77 and '85 Sixers. Without Dr. J. those teams are pretty weak and not really very interesting.

Mo cheeks and moses malone is good enough I guess :|

RocketTMac1 09-25-2012 05:51 PM

Well atleast MKG is a lockdown defender lol

RocketTMac1 09-25-2012 05:55 PM

No Marques Teague?

Red Kafe 09-25-2012 05:58 PM

Obviously there will be a roster update like always when the game drops. Relax I'm sure the ratings we got are for the update.

VDusen04 09-25-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biagas (Post 2044222732)
I thought about something like that.. I agree. I wonder what's the big deal, I guess it all comes down to negotiation of $$$

I also heard Charles Barkley discussing his deal with 2K13 this year. For him, he said it wasn't about how much money 2K was willing to give him. Rather, his issue was with the NBA. He said he never likes to allow the NBA to use his likeness because he doesn't like how they've treated retired players (from a monetary perspective). He believes the NBA could be doing (or giving) more to those he played with and those who paved the road for him. Barkley insisted the only reason he did finally end up signing was due to Jay-Z's phone call.

So in a roundabout way, Barkley's deal was about money as well, just not his own. But for a lot of these guys, it could just as well be about principle or simply not wanting their likeness being used by outside companies all the time.

Biagas 09-25-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDusen04 (Post 2044222858)
I also heard Charles Barkley discussing his deal with 2K13 this year. For him, he said it wasn't about how much money 2K was willing to give him. Rather, his issue was with the NBA. He said he never likes to allow the NBA to use his likeness because he doesn't like how they've treated retired players (from a monetary perspective). He believes the NBA could be doing (or giving) more to those he played with and those who paved the road for him. Barkley insisted the only reason he did finally end up signing was due to Jay-Z's phone call.

So in a roundabout way, Barkley's deal was about money as well, just not his own. But for a lot of these guys, it could just as well be about principle or simply not wanting their likeness being used by outside companies all the time.

Makes sense.

mymannemcee 09-25-2012 06:07 PM

The videos got taken down.

qpc123 09-25-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDusen04 (Post 2044222858)

So in a roundabout way, Barkley's deal was about money as well. But for a lot of these guys, it could just as well be about principle or simply not wanting their likeness being used by outside companies all the time.

I can understand players not wanting their likenesses used, and I agree with Barkley's stance on the NBA when it comes to retired players.

What makes no sense to me is 2k leaving those classic teams in without those players. '85 Sixers still have Moses and Cheeks so I'll give them a pass on that one for now. But when it comes to the '77 Sixers and the '01 Kings, you can't really call those classic teams(when compared to the other teams in the game) without Dr. J and C-Webb.

The info from 2k so far is giving the impression that all the classic stuff last year is still in the game as far as the teams go at least(no special mode). Clearly this is not the case as several players are missing. Just it makes it seem like they have something to hide.

Whether you care about classic teams or not, this will effect buying decisions for some people. Would be nice if people who do care, could find out what they are in for before purchase.

I don't think that asking for info on this kind of stuff is asking too much a week before release.

raiderphantom 09-25-2012 06:11 PM

Damn I just gotta say hearing the soundtrack it's like it came straight from my ipod. Man some of these ratings are crazy too but that's every game I guess.

RedPhazon8 09-25-2012 06:18 PM

Anyone know if you can move classic players like you could in 2K11? Or is it the same as 2K12?

beast10 09-25-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burg Boy (Post 2044222497)
I thought it was said Hibbert will be a 86, he is rated low on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a typo they later said he was a 79.

Quote:

I told everyone he was going to be a 59 last year.

thisisgr8t623 09-25-2012 06:20 PM

seriously how long until ww get 97 knicks and heat i want spree and mashburn

beast10 09-25-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale (Post 2044222538)

Good to have, though!

The roster is accurate up to ___, we see this every year.
They never put all the transactions up until the release of the game.