Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What happened to Kareem, Dr. J., and C-Webb? (/forums/showthread.php?t=581414)

shahkr 09-29-2012 12:18 AM

What happened to Kareem, Dr. J., and C-Webb?

Why aren't Kareem, Dr. J., and C-Webb in nba 2k13? How can xbox 360 users hexedit it? I can't believe they're not in the game!!

ghettogeeksta 09-29-2012 01:22 AM

Re: What happened to Kareem, Dr. J., and C-Webb?

My guess is money

youvalss 09-29-2012 01:28 AM

Pippen took it all.

BlatantBlack 09-29-2012 06:24 AM

it probably has something to do with money, contracts, the league's treatment of its retired players, greed, stupid hubris ("no video game could ever do my talent justice!"), agents, or blah blah blah whatever.

given their personalities (what little we think we know) Kareem isn't too big of a shocker. but Doc and Webber? those two seem very odd to me.
then again back before 2k11 was released i assumed both Charles and Reggie would jump at the chance to be in the game; i was obviously wronger than wrong.
hah "wronger"

in any case i would be super interested in a concrete answer to the question of their disappearance. even if that answer was just "um...money. duh."

2k should just tell us to quench our curiosity. it shouldn't matter, it's not like they're in the game right? hehe

goggles and the skyhook animation for created players?
ive got my fingers crossed!
i still love you Cap and im making at least three CAPs of you in 2k13!! :)

thirty3breeze 09-29-2012 08:18 AM

Does anyone have all their stats and signature moves fomr nba 2k12? I'll recreate them to put them on their legend rosters.

VDusen04 09-29-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlatantBlack (Post 2044241598)
it probably has something to do with money, contracts, the league's treatment of its retired players, greed, stupid hubris ("no video game could ever do my talent justice!"), agents, or blah blah blah whatever.

in any case i would be super interested in a concrete answer to the question of their disappearance. even if that answer was just "um...money. duh."

goggles and the skyhook animation for created players?
ive got my fingers crossed!
i still love you Cap and im making at least three CAPs of you in 2k13!! :)

I think that's the long and short of it. My personal theory is 2K maxed out on legends in 2K12. I think they were probably able to get some folks to sign last year they likely wouldn't have had a chance to pick up for any other edition, just because there was a primary legend focus last year. For instance, we hand't seem Kareem in years prior to 2K12.

Now that the smoke's cleared, I think it's unavoidable that some stars either weren't satisfied with their likeness, didn't care for the money received, or felt they did 2K the favor 2K requested and now would like to go back to not being involved with making more money for the NBA by lending their likeness.

Separately, from what I've heard I don't think goggles are in 2K this year's create-a-player. But the sky hook likely should be. 2K doesn't have a habit of removing signature animations. I also admit it'd be pretty cool if XBox hexing were similar to last year and folks were able to locate these guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirty3breeze (Post 2044241707)
Does anyone have all their stats and signature moves fomr nba 2k12? I'll recreate them to put them on their legend rosters.

I've been considering the idea of how to go about this, either via video upload or just recording everything by hand and typing it here. I think the latter might be more work, but perhaps easier to read.

starks1903 09-29-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirty3breeze (Post 2044241707)

is it possible to put a created player in a legend roster?

Paul Pierce_OS 09-29-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starks1903 (Post 2044241745)
is it possible to put a created player in a legend roster?

BigBall confirmed it in his thread a few days ago.