Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Passing and throwing power (/forums/showthread.php?t=581994)

Mauler97 10-01-2012 02:47 PM

Passing and throwing power

Typically I play with a very strong armed QB. I've played several season with a guy with 99 thp who developed to almost 99 for all accuracy, and my passing game is always strong.

I play on All-Pro with normal sliders

Last night I drafted a stud but his THP was 92 with high 80's accuracy. I don't know if it was a fluke but this rookie was the easiest QB I've ever played with. I went 34/36, I completed 26 passes in a row and the two incompletions were a drop and a bomb that I threw into coverage.

I've had high accuracy games before and I'm normally around 70% but nothing like this. I was able to throw touch passes over LB'ers like never before. It seemed like the "tragectory" deal was more prevalent with this guy then my other QB. I was making passes to spots that I couldn't with a higher rated QB.

My WR's and TE were very average, 85 was my best, the others low 80 and high 70's and this was an offline CCM.

The only thing I can think of was that having too much THP takes away the touch passes or the offline CCM has better tuning.

KingV2k3 10-01-2012 06:33 PM

Re: Passing and throwing power

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauler97 (Post 2044252550)
The only thing I can think of was that having too much THP takes away the touch passes or the offline CCM has better tuning.

I always play with a "rocket launcher" / Pocket QB whenever possible...

Yeah, the really high THP (95+) takes away the "touch", but you can fit that thing into some tight coverage, so it's a trade off...

Sounds like the guy you were using hit the "sweet spot" of slightly above average THP / ACC...

Also, some games you get "in the zone" and then DPP makes a good outing unstoppable when it kicks in...

Good times!

Currently, I'm using Weedon with a slider setting of 5, so it's a feast / famine / chuck and duck / fest...

Not unlike, IRL...

:)