Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Madden Title Update #3 set to drop Oct 16th...Where is the support for NCCA Football? (/forums/showthread.php?t=582894)

Sundown2600 10-04-2012 04:55 AM

Madden Title Update #3 set to drop Oct 16th...Where is the support for NCCA Football?

Out of all the years I have been on this forum it seems this year has seen the least support for NCAA football from the dev community. Personally despite the issues like freezing (yes it still happens) and the safety glitch I'm actually enjoying this game more than any previous current gen version. The new pass trajectories and read and react have helped tremendously this year. With that said it leaves me wondering why they have not even tried to tune some of the issues that are still holding this game back. On the other hand Madden is receiving first rate attention (more problems than NCAA maybe?).

Has anyone heard anything about a possible patch or tuner in the works? Do the devs feel they have a finished product on their hands and have already moved on?

Devs...Gamechanger...anyone?

TarHeelPhenom 10-04-2012 06:19 AM

Re: Madden Title Update #3 set to drop Oct 16th...Where is the support for NCCA Footb

As soon as they finish making that game NCCA Football they will come out with a patch.

fistofrage 10-04-2012 10:05 AM

Re: Madden Title Update #3 set to drop Oct 16th...Where is the support for NCCA Footb

If at minimum they could just prevent the AI using the zone aggressive gameplan and not try 60+ yard FGs on Heisman, I would be semi-satisfied.

There is too much wrong with this game to fix everything, but those 2 items would be a quick fix that would have the most impact on the playability of the game without having to spend much time.

Its as simple as disabling the zone agrressive gameplan so it stays hardcoded on balanced for the AI and using the same down and distance logic that is already formulated on AA and lower levels. Give me an hour in their studio and I am confident I could fix these two items.

12 10-04-2012 11:45 AM

It honestly feels to me as if this game is dying a slow death.

I hope I'm wrong.

Vechi8 10-04-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12 (Post 2044268321)

I hope I'm wrong.

I have to agree with you 100 percent. It feels very eerie to NCAA college hoops in regards to post launch support. The writing is on the wall especially with these constant lawsuits in regards to player names within collegiate players. It would be an easy justification for sure.

The one thing that would keep the series continuing would be Sales. Does anyone have sales numbers for the game. I would imagine that it would be well south of Madden

fistofrage 10-04-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12 (Post 2044268321)

I hope I'm wrong.

I wish they would just be quick about it. Never thought I'd say this, but I hope the series does get cancelled if they are just going to release a broken product each year with no intention of fixing the issues. It would save us all alot of time and frustration.

Vechi8 10-04-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2044268631)
I wish they would just be quick about it. Never thought I'd say this, but I hope the series does get cancelled if they are just going to release a broken product each year with no intention of fixing the issues. It would save us all alot of time and frustration.

Just to give you props FOR, your sliders are what saved me from selling the game. Never thought that sliders could act like a patch but yours did especially with the safety over the top.

dominique314 10-04-2012 01:55 PM

ill be so happy if they took the aggressive stuff out to.because i can get about a 100 yard on the read option then im force to get it to my hb which gets annoying