Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   How do you deal with people that spam double team (/forums/showthread.php?t=583045)

Biagas 10-04-2012 05:31 PM

How do you deal with people that spam double team

and double team full court press etc

They run like a zone and clog up everything inside the arc and just call double team every 5 seconds and spam steal. I end up winning, but its not by as much as I want. Makes the game not fun either. I usually run with OKC, Celtics or Clippers.

UofMTigerFan 10-04-2012 05:34 PM

Re: How do you deal with people that spam double team

I personally love when they double. I simply stay off the turbo, back dribble and hit one of the open guys in the corners. Easy bucket.

Biagas 10-04-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UofMTigerFan (Post 2044269950)
I personally love when they double. I simply stay off the turbo, back dribble and hit one of the open guys in the corners. Easy bucket.

I was doing that too with chris paul, but i kept bricking a lot of shots lol. Still adjusting to some guys release. I'll kind of walk the ball up and draw em in a dish it out, but sometimes they cheese so good with the spam steal a good PG like paul will just drop the ball -_-

UnbelievablyRAW 10-04-2012 05:41 PM

Put 3 long range shooters on the floor. Recovery to open players on d in 2k13 is very hard to do so double teaming when there is a large chance that the person open is a 3pt shooter will equal easy buckets for the other guy

diehardknicksfan 10-04-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW (Post 2044269981)
Put 3 long range shooters on the floor. Recovery to open players on d in 2k13 is very hard to do so double teaming when there is a large chance that the person open is a 3pt shooter will equal easy buckets for the other guy

Yeah when they do that i have a lineup of kidd, smith, novak,melo, and amare, let the threes rain.

Biagas 10-04-2012 05:47 PM

I feel like once I get the shooting down I'll b straight. It feels inconsistent, like the timing is different for a 2 point jumpshot than a 3. Once i learn the system like 2k11 ill be fine. because its not the same

Ramboooo 10-04-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biagas (Post 2044269936)
and double team full court press etc

They run like a zone and clog up everything inside the arc and just call double team every 5 seconds and spam steal. I end up winning, but its not by as much as I want. Makes the game not fun either. I usually run with OKC, Celtics or Clippers.

I deal with that by playing 3on3 blacktop :y1: No cheap CPU tactics in that mode.

Honestly man, I think for consistent double teamers there should be a SEVERE fatigue hit. You never see constant double teams in the real NBA on the level u see in 2k. In the NBA it's more of a spotty thing and usually just if one player is hot.

jd_newton72 10-04-2012 06:27 PM

Pass pass shoot the 3