Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Coverage Slider for A.I. - what does it do? (/forums/showthread.php?t=583916)

PatriotJames 10-08-2012 12:26 AM

Coverage Slider for A.I. - what does it do?

What does it do and WHY does it not fix the "DB glitch"?

Common sense would say if I put the coverage up to 100 they would be all over the WR which would mean no DB glitch...

fistofrage 10-08-2012 12:41 AM

Re: Coverage Slider for A.I. - what does it do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotJames (Post 2044285098)
What does it do and WHY does it not fix the "DB glitch"?

Common sense would say if I put the coverage up to 100 they would be all over the WR which would mean no DB glitch...

The DB glitch is due to a certain zone coverage the defense runs on 3rd and long and at the end of half/game. Most likely a prevent or deep cover 2. The safety when the AI has switched it gameplan to zone aggressive will run into "no man's land" whicjh is about 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. The CB stays in a short/medium zone and "passes off" the WR to the safety who should be covering over the top. The safety picks clover in the no man's land while the WR runs right past him on streaks especially, but flags and posts are also open.

Now pass coverage is how tightly the DB's will mirror the WR routs. the Interception slider is how quickly the DB reacts to the ball in the air. If you crank up the INT slider, the safety in no mans land may be able to start running back once the ball is in the air and may make it back if you are late on the throw, but if yopu throw the ball while the WR is still running the route, the saftey has no chance. If you throw the ball late while the reciver has completed the streak or nearing thew end, the safety may get back if the INT slider is high enough.

I can say with certainty, the lower you put the human coverage slider, the better your AI controlled DBs will cover the WR. This slider is reversed for the human. It appears to be the same for the AI, however, most of the AI DB play is controlled by the INT slider.

To answer your question, its a programming glitch. if the glitch did not exist, 50 cobverage and INT for the AI on Hesiman would work just fine. They appear to get better as you lower the coverage slider which most ancient alien theorists suggest. However, the glitch is basically a free TD regardless of sliders because the safety will go into the no man's land on 3rd and long and at the end of the half. It has nothing to do with the sliders. The only reason Varsity works is because the game is supposed to be "easier" and the AI doesn't go into zone aggressive which is apparently supposed to make it harder to complete a pass so its used on the higher levels, but instead, it blows up the game.

PatriotJames 10-08-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2044285137)
The DB glitch is due to a certain zone coverage the defense runs on 3rd and long and at the end of half/game. Most likely a prevent or deep cover 2. The safety when the AI has switched it gameplan to zone aggressive will run into "no man's land" whicjh is about 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. The CB stays in a short/medium zone and "passes off" the WR to the safety who should be covering over the top. The safety picks clover in the no man's land while the WR runs right past him on streaks especially, but flags and posts are also open.

Now pass coverage is how tightly the DB's will mirror the WR routs. the Interception slider is how quickly the DB reacts to the ball in the air. If you crank up the INT slider, the safety in no mans land may be able to start running back once the ball is in the air and may make it back if you are late on the throw, but if yopu throw the ball while the WR is still running the route, the saftey has no chance. If you throw the ball late while the reciver has completed the streak or nearing thew end, the safety may get back if the INT slider is high enough.

I can say with certainty, the lower you put the human coverage slider, the better your AI controlled DBs will cover the WR. This slider is reversed for the human. It appears to be the same for the AI, however, most of the AI DB play is controlled by the INT slider.

To answer your question, its a programming glitch. if the glitch did not exist, 50 cobverage and INT for the AI on Hesiman would work just fine. They appear to get better as you lower the coverage slider which most ancient alien theorists suggest. However, the glitch is basically a free TD regardless of sliders because the safety will go into the no man's land on 3rd and long and at the end of the half. It has nothing to do with the sliders. The only reason Varsity works is because the game is supposed to be "easier" and the AI doesn't go into zone aggressive which is apparently supposed to make it harder to complete a pass so its used on the higher levels, but instead, it blows up the game.

Great explanation. Frustrated. Trying/thinking of everything.

fistofrage 10-08-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotJames (Post 2044285155)
Great explanation. Frustrated. Trying/thinking of everything.

There is nothing you can do, except occupy EA until they fix it. Which they won't. So go find yourself another game to play or hobby and go forth and enjoy life.

Buckeye Country 10-08-2012 07:16 AM

Has anyone tried messing with the penalty sliders. A few years ago people thought they affected the game. Last night, I was playing on varsity and moved the pass interference sliders for both defense and offense to 0. I didn't have much testing time to come to any conclusions, but I wonder if this will work. I am going to try it again tonight. The other thing that is killing this game for me and I am about to go back to 11 is the autopass feature. The QB's are way too accurate and the sliders don't do anything to fix it.

SonOfEd 10-08-2012 08:59 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if penalty sliders had an affect on the gameplay. I was playing around with Madden 12 and instantly saw things, but they were confusing. Like in dropping OPI to 1 got rid of some of the "super LB" stuff, DPI increased to 99 sped up the WRs routes. Weird stuff.
So, I will definately do some testing with penalty sliders in NCAA.

PatriotJames 10-08-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfEd (Post 2044285755)
It wouldn't surprise me if penalty sliders had an affect on the gameplay. I was playing around with Madden 12 and instantly saw things, but they were confusing. Like in dropping OPI to 1 got rid of some of the "super LB" stuff, DPI increased to 99 sped up the WRs routes. Weird stuff.
So, I will definately do some testing with penalty sliders in NCAA.

Wow... that's all. WOW.

fistofrage 10-08-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotJames (Post 2044285886)
Wow... that's all. WOW.

The only thing wrong with the AI coverage is the DB glitch. Playing on 50/50 for the AI is just fine on Heisman. You have to lower human INTs or you get too many, but 50/25 is fine.

We can talk about the UBER accurate QB's, but that is another discussion.

If EA would fix this glitch, 99% of my frustration with this game would go away.