Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   QB Autopass Test (/forums/showthread.php?t=584153)

Buckeye Country 10-08-2012 10:42 PM

QB Autopass Test

I have been complaining a lot about Autopass not working cause the QB is too accurate and sliders don't do a darn thing to help. I did some testing with the QB.

First I dropped the Accuracy to 70, throwing power at 90 and awareness to 78. QB completed well over 70%.

Next Accuracy to 90, throwing power at 70 and awareness at 78. Completed around 65 to 70 %. With throwing power low, the defense had more time to break on the ball. Saw a few more passes batted down.

Next test was accuracy at 83, throwing power at 90 and awareness was at 50. QB completed 54% of his passes.

Next test was throwing accuracy at 92, throwing power at 90 and awareness at 78. Completed well over 80% of his passes.

The obvious solution is to drop the QB's Awareness way down to get realistic completion %'s. Dropping my QB's awareness to 50 from 78 brought his OVR. ratings down from 90 to 79. Awareness is a huge factor with the QB's.

In the past few weeks I have been playing with this QB's awareness at 78 and was consistently completing 70% of my passes. Again, this was for autopass. Something else I noticed with Autopass, the QB throws the ball pretty quickly and rarely throws it away. I am going to do more testing tomorrow.

Buckeye Country 10-08-2012 10:43 PM

Re: QB Autopass Test

Forgot to mention, I can't figure out how to tighten pass coverage for the CPU cause the pass coverage slider is broken. Any suggestions there would be helpful. Thanks.

PatriotJames 10-09-2012 12:38 AM

People use auto pass?

I don't even know what that is... :confused:

32jack 10-09-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Country (Post 2044289667)
I have been complaining a lot about Autopass not working cause the QB is too accurate and sliders don't do a darn thing to help. I did some testing with the QB.

First I dropped the Accuracy to 70, throwing power at 90 and awareness to 78. QB completed well over 70%.

Next Accuracy to 90, throwing power at 70 and awareness at 78. Completed around 65 to 70 %. With throwing power low, the defense had more time to break on the ball. Saw a few more passes batted down.

Next test was accuracy at 83, throwing power at 90 and awareness was at 50. QB completed 54% of his passes.

Next test was throwing accuracy at 92, throwing power at 90 and awareness at 78. Completed well over 80% of his passes.

The obvious solution is to drop the QB's Awareness way down to get realistic completion %'s. Dropping my QB's awareness to 50 from 78 brought his OVR. ratings down from 90 to 79. Awareness is a huge factor with the QB's.

In the past few weeks I have been playing with this QB's awareness at 78 and was consistently completing 70% of my passes. Again, this was for autopass. Something else I noticed with Autopass, the QB throws the ball pretty quickly and rarely throws it away. I am going to do more testing tomorrow.

Buckeye--

Interesting test... Dropping awareness from 78 to 50 is a 36% awareness drop which translates to an overall QB rating drop of 15%...

Were you playing in exhibition mode? Did you also drop it for the CPU?

I'm in week 7 of my offline dynasty... I have a biggie for tonight-- WKU vs. Troy.

I do play Bama in dynasty mode (coach mode) and McCarron's completing 75% of his passes... To date in RL he's at 65.8.

No doubt, the accuracy is just a bit TOO GOOD for the human in coach mode.

I will drop the Troy (my team) QB's awareness by 25% and see how he "reacts" and throws during the game. Troy's QB is completing 66.3% in RL.

Buckeye Country 10-09-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32jack (Post 2044291069)
Buckeye--

Interesting test... Dropping awareness from 78 to 50 is a 36% awareness drop which translates to an overall QB rating drop of 15%...

Were you playing in exhibition mode? Did you also drop it for the CPU?

I'm in week 7 of my offline dynasty... I have a biggie for tonight-- WKU vs. Troy.

I do play Bama in dynasty mode (coach mode) and McCarron's completing 75% of his passes... To date in RL he's at 65.8.

No doubt, the accuracy is just a bit TOO GOOD for the human in coach mode.

I will drop the Troy (my team) QB's awareness by 25% and see how he "reacts" and throws during the game. Troy's QB is completing 66.3% in RL.

I tested this in Dynasty and only adjusted the Hum qb.

Buckeye Country 10-09-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotJames (Post 2044290307)
People use auto pass?

I don't even know what that is... :confused:

Autopass basically gives control to the hum qb to pass without you controlling him. I noticed the qb's don't scramble on there own, you have to take control of that. Go into controller settings and turn on autopass. You can still control the qb just take over once the ball is snapped.

hanzsomehanz 10-16-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Country (Post 2044289667)

Re QB throwing percentages - work with the Int. Grounding penalty slider. This slider affects the proficiency for avoiding sacks and throwing interceptions. Raising the slider will increase his proficiency while Lowering the slider will decrease his proficiency. Try and find the right balance.

Buckeye Country 10-16-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz (Post 2044323462)
Re QB throwing percentages - work with the Int. Grounding penalty slider. This slider affects the proficiency for avoiding sacks and throwing interceptions. Raising the slider will increase his proficiency while Lowering the slider will decrease his proficiency. Try and find the right balance.

Thanks man, I hope this works.