Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Do you fellas feel the "Bull Rush" Ability is Valuable? (/forums/showthread.php?t=586304)

WWBlue4 10-17-2012 05:33 PM

Do you fellas feel the "Bull Rush" Ability is Valuable?

I am editing Rate Sports rosters abilities and ratings and I was wondering if I should give any Defensive Linemen the "Bull Rush" ability? I know that Swim, Rip, Spin and Club are abilities that work well, but I have heard that Bull Rush does not work so well. Is there any Truth to that statement? Is it a good idea to give the Bull Rush ability to players other than a Defensive Linemen? Like to a Line-Backer? I have heard that Jack Lambert has Bull Rush and that he is a Beast because of that Ability. Thanks for your help and Have Fun :smile:

theDude47 10-17-2012 11:25 PM

Re: Do you fellas feel the "Bull Rush" Ability is Valuable?

Bull Rush is kind of fickle. It can work really well sometimes, but other times you bowl over the offensive lineman and leave a huge hole for the RB to go through. It's best used in combination with another pass rush move (Swim, Rip, Spin, or Club) and Pass Rush Bonus. When all three are matched up, you can absolutely devastate an offensive line. If you user control, just start out by tapping A to start the Bull Rush and then hit the other pass rush move. It always seems to work rather well.

elgreazy1 10-18-2012 04:51 PM

Re: Do you fellas feel the "Bull Rush" Ability is Valuable?

Here's my findings:
Only give it to a DL if you are not going to manually rush him yourself. The reason so is because of what theDude just stated: it leaves you vulnerable when you pancake the OL. If the CPU is in control of him things should be fine.

If you are a LB or a player pursuing downhill, then by all means, yes, add Bull Rush. You will blast through blocks pretty regularly if you have the proper pursuit angles.