Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Anyone feel like Progression is too slow? (/forums/showthread.php?t=587333)

mavfan21 10-22-2012 04:46 PM

Anyone feel like Progression is too slow?

I REALLY like the XP system but the cost of improving a player is WAY too high. Well into a CCM the league is still dominated by players from the current roster set and few drafted rookies are in the top 10. The overalls and skills of drafted players stay well behind the top "real" players.

In addition, the bench players are almost impossible to progress, Tom Brady/Tony Romo/Miles Austin/Arian Foster type players that start and immediately are effective are impossible.

Lastly, the CPU needs more XP or better logic as it's players do not progress well either.

seahawks13 10-22-2012 05:14 PM

Re: Anyone feel like Progression is too slow?

I agree it does move too slowly in some positions. WR, HB, QB and OL seem to progress quickly for the user. The OL gets XP points based on Running TD's or Passing TD's depending on the type of player they are. Which I like.

TE goals are tied to the amount of catches. Which I have a hard time hitting those goals.

Defensively the DE, DT, CB are fairly easy to upgrade. They get a good amount of points. But I can't seem to get enough for LB, FS, SS.

Yes the CPU logic is not the best. I think it spreads the points out too much. It should focus on highest special move and AWR to help boost the overall.

I'm in year 2018 and some of my young guys have boosted their OVR to 96. Mostly O linemen, QB, HB, DT, WR, and 1 CB.

So I think for some positions it's working fine. The XP points say my FS, SS should get points based on amount of Passing TD's given up, and amount of yards surrendered, but I don't think I'm getting all of them the way it was designed to.

josefrees 10-22-2012 05:42 PM

Things would be much better if backups got a consistent xp each week to simulate study or practice.

And I've always been a proponent of possible attribute explosion or in this case XP jackpots for players that are bad attribute-wise but play well.

I don't think it is slow in relation to old maddens with players that are successful. Upping a starters skills in m13 is quicker than ever if he is successful.

RajonRondo 10-22-2012 07:11 PM

It depends on how you see it, you won't be seeing any players or rookies go up 10 points like the roster updates through out the year but I simulated through 10 years on my ccm and I actually like how the progression is. The development trait really helps your own players and I just have the cpu auto progress my players after that. The cpu players progress just fine in my opinion. I've seen Dareus on the Bills raise all the way from 80 (year 1) to 92 as of now and that was only like 5 years.

xzayla 10-22-2012 10:20 PM

I actually thought it was too high. 5 seasons in and im seeing too many drafted players in the high 90's

Camshlom 10-23-2012 08:30 AM

I think the xp system is fine the way it is now. I drafted a 69 OVR HB and halfway through his rookie season I got him to a 73 just by putting him in for a few snaps a game.

And each played has a different development trait which determines how much XP they get from goals and playing in general. So if your having a hard time you probably need to raise their development, though it will cost 50k XP per level til you get it to 3. Development is more important in a draft than their overall IMO.

brandon27 10-23-2012 08:58 AM

To me, its the weekly goals and season goals that are too high. It's ridiculous that my 3rd string RB needs to score two rushing TD's in a game in order to get a meaningless 500 XP. It's ridiculous that my 4th and 5th string WR's need to get 110 catches in a season, etc. etc.

mavfan21 10-23-2012 10:46 AM

I agree with most of you, I'd just like to see it tweaked a little. I think the main problem is the lack of subs/bench players progressing. The Star or Quick progression players should still progress without playing time. At least a little.