Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam? (/forums/showthread.php?t=588589)

Genocide3883 10-29-2012 04:31 PM

How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

Man to man defense isn't doing a goddamn thing, they make contested fallaway 3s.

Every goddamn team I face has Novak, Bonner, Rivers, Korver, Morrow, all 3 point shots.

I hit Pressure Shooter and Man to Man Defense

I just don't know how the hell to stop them.

They go and make impossible contested 3s

And I miss WIDE OPEN MID RANGE SHOTS WITH MELO, AND WIDE OPEN 3S WITH NOVAK.

It's bull****.

deco820 10-29-2012 04:39 PM

Re: How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genocide3883 (Post 2044375813)
Man to man defense isn't doing a goddamn thing, they make contested fallaway 3s.

Every goddamn team I face has Novak, Bonner, Rivers, Korver, Morrow, all 3 point shots.

My current teams starting 5:

I hit Pressure Shooter and Man to Man Defense

I just don't know how the hell to stop them.

And I miss WIDE OPEN MID RANGE SHOTS WITH MELO, AND WIDE OPEN 3S WITH NOVAK.

It's bull****.

i usually just guard whoever has the ball and keep an eye out for open shooters on the perimeter and just anticipate the pass so you can get out and contest the shot. The computers man to man def is super weak so i manually contest every shot and it seems to make a huge differance

bm011 10-29-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deco820 (Post 2044375838)
i usually just guard whoever has the ball and keep an eye out for open shooters on the perimeter and just anticipate the pass so you can get out and contest the shot. The computers man to man def is super weak so i manually contest every shot and it seems to make a huge differance

This right here is correct.

demfl 10-29-2012 05:59 PM

Obviously if you're missing wide open shots with Melo who shot is money + everyone is draining shots with Korver I will give you the same advice I gave you in the other thread, you need to get better at the game.

Melo shooting in general is pretty much cheese and most likely you don't have his release down. Also, those 3pt shooting teams have no defense, all the players you just name Defensive awareness is about 50-60.

You can put every setting at play tight and manually double team with your PF or C. Most people who cheese the 3pt all day will neglect the post on offense meaning if their Center is wide open they will still be looking for the 3pt shot.

Despite what you might hear, against 3pt shooting team "man defense" is the best. Most of those teams have no sense of driving the ball and will most likely destroy your zone with 3pts.

ClevelandCavsFan 10-29-2012 06:03 PM

Re: How the @#!*% do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

Yeah this guy is just whining on multiple threads. He doesn't want help, he wants a pity party.

/pity

Now go away

Genocide3883 10-29-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demfl (Post 2044376122)
Obviously if you're missing wide open shots with Melo who shot is money + everyone is draining shots with Korver I will give you the same advice I gave you in the other thread, you need to get better at the game.

Melo shooting in general is pretty much cheese and most likely you don't have his release down. Also, those 3pt shooting teams have no defense, all the players you just name Defensive awareness is about 50-60.

You can put every setting at play tight and manually double team with your PF or C. Most people who cheese the 3pt all day will neglect the post on offense meaning if their Center is wide open they will still be looking for the 3pt shot.

Despite what you might hear, against 3pt shooting team "man defense" is the best. Most of those teams have no sense of driving the ball and will most likely destroy your zone with 3pts.

I have his ****ing release down

Genocide3883 10-29-2012 06:59 PM

And don't tell me the "I need to get better" bull****.

NOTHING CAN BE DONE WHEN THEY'RE MAKING CONTESTED 3S

arvislegend 10-29-2012 07:05 PM

Even when playing Man to Man, hounding the 3-point shooter just isn't enough. I put the interceptor skill on two of my best perimeter Defensive players and it kinda helps. Whenever they pass it to somebody open on the 3-point line, either LeBron or Stockton intercepts the pass or bats it away. It sorta helps but really, man to man defense is the only way to go.