Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Week 9: Minnesota Vikings (5-3) @ Seattle Seahawks (4-4) (/forums/showthread.php?t=588733)

jWILL253 10-30-2012 11:34 AM

Week 9: Minnesota Vikings (5-3) @ Seattle Seahawks (4-4)

Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings go to CenturyLink Field to take on Beast Mode and the Seattle Seahawks. Both teams are coming off of losses.

The Vikings are coming off of a 36-17 bitchslappin' by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They turned the ball over 3 times in that game, one of them coming from Peterson. That said, Peterson still finished with 123 yds off 15 carries, including a 64-yard TD run. Christian Ponder finished 19/35, 251 yds, 1 TD & 1 INT. The defense regressed in that game, giving up 416 net yards to the Bucs offense. Now, they must go to CLink, the loudest stadium in the NFL, and try to get back on track. Easier said than done.

The Hawks are coming off of their most baffling loss of the season, a 28-24 heartbreaker to the Detroit Lions. What makes the loss so baffling is the fact that the offense actually put the team in position to win, and played well overall; the defense, however, clearly didn't hold up their end of the bargain, allowing Matthew Stafford and the Lions to comeback in the 4th qtr to take the lead. Twice. The good news is, Russell Wilson played a nearly clean game, and Beast Mode was still Beast Mode.

With that said, Hawks fans are feeling comfortable right now, given the fact that they have 5 of the next 8 games at home. But, they shouldn't feel comfortable, as both the Vikings and the 49ers have proven to be formidable this season. Plus, they still have three road games to play, and they must find a way to replicate their success at home so they can take it on the road. That is key if they want to even consider a wild-card spot in the playoffs.

Will the Vikings bounce back? Or will CLink continue to render the Hawks competition helpless?

SOUND OFF!!!

thaima1shu 10-30-2012 12:10 PM

No margin for error after that Lions loss. Seahawks pretty much have to go undefeated at home for a shot at the playoffs.

TracerBullet 10-30-2012 12:19 PM

Re: Week 9: Minnesota Vikings (5-3) @ Seattle Seahawks (4-4)

Go Seattle.

The_Wise_One 10-30-2012 06:48 PM

I think the Seahawks are a better team then Minnesota. Home field advantage doesn't hurt either.

Candyman5 10-31-2012 02:48 AM

With our Play calling being so god awful (Not giving Adrian the ball enough) and Ponder getting into a rut. The defense has been awful all year and was bailed out by dropped passes and such by their opponents.

Not looking good for Minnesota.

Sidion 10-31-2012 06:11 AM

I expect big things from Seattle now that Sherman has been shut up. The team isn't proven enough to get caught up in the media circus, but now with some humble pie I don't see them letting Ponder have a good game.

Seahawks 31-24

jWILL253 10-31-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidion (Post 2044382070)
I expect big things from Seattle now that Sherman has been shut up. The team isn't proven enough to get caught up in the media circus, but now with some humble pie I don't see them letting Ponder have a good game.

Seahawks 31-24

I think Sherman accomplished what he set out to do, as far as limiting Megatron is concerned. The problem was, Titus Young proved he can shine brighter than a vampire in Twilight...

snepp 10-31-2012 08:48 PM

It would be swell if Ponder would show up this week.