Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Week 9: Carolina Panthers (1-6) At Washington Redskins (3-5) (/forums/showthread.php?t=588766)

N51_rob 10-30-2012 03:06 PM

Week 9: Carolina Panthers (1-6) At Washington Redskins (3-5)

This game is all kinds of intersting. Cam Newton has struggled and while the Panthers responded to the firing of their GM with a Gutsy game against the Chicago Bears they still lost the game, thanks in part to Cam's interceptions. Carolina's defense has been middle of the pack this year.

Washington put forth a rather garbage effort in Pittsburgh last week. The offense for the first time all year couldn't hide the defenses warts at all. RGIII continues to be the spark that keeps the team in game, and last week showed that if he don't get help the Redskins are one of the leagues poorer teams. The Skins defense is 10th against the run, but that is largely because they allow 314 yards per game through the air.

This could be a shoot-out between last years most exciting rookie QB and this year's most exciting QB. If ever Cam was going to pull himself out of a slump this would be the game to do it, as he was able to torch the skins last year in Carolina. Looks for the Redskins receivers to bounce back from a terrible game last week.

I'll take the home team 34-28 in this one.

Jr. 11-01-2012 10:22 PM

Re: Week 9: Carolina Panthers (1-6) At Washington Redskins (3-5)

Panthers lead 26-20 late in the 4th quarter when Cam sprints 60 yards towards the endzone. However, he fumbles when his foot is slapped by a desperate defender trying to catch him and the ball rolls out of the endzone for a touchback.

RGIII takes over at his 20 yard line with :50 left in the game. He completes effortless passes to Santana Moss and Pierre Garcon because the Panther DBs continue to play 10 yards off without adjusting. RGIII leads his team down to the Carolina 10 yard line with :04 left in the game.

He just gets the snap off before the clock expires and drops back. Charles Johnson stunts inside and throws his hands up as RGIII releases the pass. He bats it up in the air into the hands of.... RGIII!!! Who proceeds to juke the entire Carolina defense and go into the endzone. He then kicks a dropkick extra point to win the game.

Or the Panthers get blown out... but they won't win.

stlpimpmonsta 11-01-2012 10:26 PM

Lol.........

Caveman24 11-02-2012 09:47 AM

I really want Cam to win feel sorry for him.But I think the Redskins got this

NDAlum 11-02-2012 01:54 PM

I'm torn on who I am pulling for...

Dislike both teams, but I dislike Carolina more (RGIII > cry baby cam)

However the Redskins rule makes me want to pull for Carolina

Regardless of who wins, I hope RGIII outplays cry baby cam. I hope cry baby cam throws 8 INTs

LingeringRegime 11-04-2012 01:16 PM

Greg Hardy you dumb ***.

Love those Redskin Helmets.

N51_rob 11-04-2012 01:28 PM

I love that Forbath hasn't missed a FG all year, but he is awful on kick-offs. That is the one good think about Cundiff, he had a leg.

N51_rob 11-04-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ (Post 2044398080)
Love those Redskin Helmets.

If they ever were to go away from the Redskins name, and/or logo. That would be my choice. It looks real nice.