Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Need help in my Offline CCM (/forums/showthread.php?t=590440)

Kulluminatii 11-09-2012 05:08 AM

Need help in my Offline CCM

Hey guys, I'm in season 2 of my offline CCM with the Oakland Raiders and I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I've decided to rebuild my team and have offloaded some of the older players/players I don't have as much value for such as Seymour, Reece, and Carson Palmer. I decided to go with Pryor as my starting QB for now and am unsure what I should do with him.

I've definitely had a significant drop in performance with Pryor at the helm. I've been consistently having pretty awful games with him, throwing nearly 2-3 INTs a game on 6 min quarters with maybe a TD here and there. I was originally planning to save up 50,000 XP for the increased development trait but I'm not sure if its worth it anymore. I currently have around ~13,000 XP points for him and I'm wondering if I should invest those points in improving him now or stick it out and aim for the development trait? If I should invest those points now, what do you guys think I should primarily focus on?

And for those of you that have Pryor in your CCM or a similar project QB, what playbook have you found the most success in? So far I really like Philadelphia's playbook, and occasionally use Carolina's.

mikesuszek 11-09-2012 12:44 PM

Re: Need help in my Offline CCM

Focus on the short game with a guy like him. That's what I do with Russell Wilson. I also use the West Coast playbook.

If you invest in the 50k development trait, you'll see a longterm return on it, but that's if you plan on taking this guy on as your QB for many seasons to come. It's not a bad idea, since it's your offline CCM.

I use Russell in my online CCM, which will likely last four seasons or so. I opted to increase his ratings now to expand his talent level and open my playbook up more (got his deep accuracy to 83 and we're in week 13 of our first season). I now feel more comfortable throwing it deep with him and not just taking my five yard passes all the time, which is still a great way to play. I think you could do the same with Pryor, and I think the West Coast playbook is great for that, personally.

Kulluminatii 11-09-2012 03:53 PM

Re: Need help in my Offline CCM

I think I'll start using the West Coast playbook and then at the end of this season decide whether I need to improve him now or stick it out for the development trait. Thanks Mike!