Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How do you cause/create more fumbles in this game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=591770)

WWBlue4 11-18-2012 07:59 PM

How do you cause/create more fumbles in this game?

I would like some advice about what rating to give to QB's secure ball rating in the editor? Is 5 a good setting? And how about running backs and wide receiver's? I have the fumble slider set to 100. Thanks guys.

buho oscuro 11-20-2012 05:37 PM

Re: How do you cause/create more fumbles in this game?

I believe I was editing the entire roster like this:
All QB, HB, FB, WR, TE fumble rating
Gold:65
Silver:45
Bronze:35
Generics:20
If I remember right there are two players with SECURE BALL bonus(maybe R.Berry and O.Anderson). I left them at there default rating.

I have played many, many games with the fumble slider at 100 and these edits and have seen decent results. Sometimes, especially in the rain, I may get a game with 7 or 8 total fumbles which may be excessive. Most games usually have 2 or 3 fumbles, which I think is fair and definitely an improvement over the standard. One thing I must say, be careful with spins and jukes and such, if you get hit just right you'll probably cough it up. It's nice actually having to protect the ball, and on defense it's finally worth it to pop someone with a big hit.

lhslancers 11-20-2012 07:16 PM

Turning the fumble and interception sliders all the way up most definitely result in more turnovers.

WWBlue4 11-20-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buho oscuro (Post 2044451752)
I believe I was editing the entire roster like this:
All QB, HB, FB, WR, TE fumble rating
Gold:65
Silver:45
Bronze:35
Generics:20
If I remember right there are two players with SECURE BALL bonus(maybe R.Berry and O.Anderson). I left them at there default rating.

I have played many, many games with the fumble slider at 100 and these edits and have seen decent results. Sometimes, especially in the rain, I may get a game with 7 or 8 total fumbles which may be excessive. Most games usually have 2 or 3 fumbles, which I think is fair and definitely an improvement over the standard. One thing I must say, be careful with spins and jukes and such, if you get hit just right you'll probably cough it up. It's nice actually having to protect the ball, and on defense it's finally worth it to pop someone with a big hit.

Thanks for both posts in this forum. Do you think it is better to lower all the QB's secure ball ratings as such:

Golds - 15
Silvers - 10
Bronze - 5
Generic - 2

Thanks for you help!! Have Fun :smile:

buho oscuro 11-20-2012 08:22 PM

Go for it and see what you get. I never made the QBs rating lower than other skill positions only because I was too lazy to do another special edit. Doing a global edit for all skill positions at same time was easier at the time.

buho oscuro 11-20-2012 08:24 PM

Oh and also, if your'e looking specifically for more QB fumbles on sacks, give your pass rushers the Strip Ball attribute. It will increase your chances that much more of knocking ball loose.