Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Fix that lousy TEXAS POWERHOUSE BUG (/forums/showthread.php?t=59197)

KUJustin 11-04-2003 03:55 PM

Fix that lousy TEXAS POWERHOUSE BUG

I've got a pretty good fix for that little bug where Baylor and North Texas are *the* places to play by year 3.

Just create 2 mid-major type schools *in* Texas, then add them in before you start your dynasty. Put them in appropriate conferences like the Sun Belt or WAC or independent, and replace teams you don't care about that aren't from major states.

You'll lose some realism in the sense that you may not have UConn or Utah State in the game, but these new guys will compete with the other Texas schools and do that little bit to spread the wealth.

You can also put in 1AA teams from Texas if you'd like, but it takes them some time to catch up and it may be too late. :)

Finally: One question for you guys, have you found schools in Florida or California getting too powerful as well? I haven't noticed it *really* bad but haven't paid attention either. If so I'll probably make a mid-major for one or both states next time I start a die-nasty.

GeePee20 11-04-2003 05:12 PM

Re: Fix that lousy TEXAS POWERHOUSE BUG

I've noticed Fresno State in Cali always becomes a powerhouse. In my USC dynasty, I'm always competing with them for the Cali players. I haven't noticed any problems with Florida for some reason.

Jistic 11-05-2003 08:50 AM

Texas and Cali are both bad like that. But in Florida in my dyasty (2009 currently) UCF is a powerhouse. In fact they're better tahn the Gators, and about even with FSU. They just must make too many top recruits from these states.

UMDDogs 11-05-2003 02:18 PM

Or you could sim there games in the dynasty and make sure they don't always win there games.