Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OS Neighborhood (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Share Your Thanksgiving Day Sports and Sports Gaming Memories (/forums/showthread.php?t=592258)

Steve_OS 11-22-2012 11:35 AM

Share Your Thanksgiving Day Sports and Sports Gaming Memories

For those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving and the love of sports and sports gaming in general, we'd like to hear from you on this day. Tell us about your fondest memory on Thanksgiving. The good and/or the bad.

For me, it's all about the Leon Lett catastrophe. I've never gone from pure excitement to pure pissed off in a matter of seconds, so quickly. I still remember the game, like it was yesterday. When I went back to work the following Monday, it was all I heard about. Even people that knew nothing about football were giving me grief. I'll NEVER forget that day.

I don't spend a lot of time gaming on Thanksgiving, it's all about watching football and being with the family. This morning, me and my stepson played some "Turkey Bowl" with a bunch of guys and had a blast. It's the first one I've done in ages. A slightly pulled groin, but all in all, just great fun.

How about you? What is your fondest memory on Thanksgiving?

jmood88 11-22-2012 11:41 AM

Re: Share Your Thanksgiving Day Sports and Sports Gaming Memories

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bjavg12B5cE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steve_OS 11-22-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmood88 (Post 2044456861)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bjavg12B5cE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was very high on the list as well. :bil:

bigbob 11-22-2012 12:57 PM

Thanksgiving 1998. 3 catches, 163 yards, 3 TDs

Thanksgiving 2000. 7 catches, 144 yards, 2 TDs

Randy Moss, the Cowboy Killer.

jack1535 11-22-2012 01:06 PM

Our annual Wii bowling tournament the past three Thanksgiving and Christmases. My cousin won swept the series the first year, but I have taken both thanksgiving and Christmas the past two years. Which is why I am retiring this year. Although a Bret Favre like comeback isn't out of the question

Gotmadskillzson 11-22-2012 01:22 PM

I remember the 98 thanksgiving game quite well, I was overseas along the Iraq border in Saudi Arabia, we were on high alert for the past 2 weeks prior to that. And I remember the day after we got flown to north africa for assignments. Good times.

PVarck31 11-22-2012 02:44 PM

I remember playing NFL 2k1 with my uncle and hitting randy moss deep down the sidelines for a td to win the game. It was such an amazing game at the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Watson 11-22-2012 03:07 PM

The day after Thanksgiving count? Because literally not even a whole day after my first actual girlfriend broke up with me I went to this game:

It was the first time my dad really let me drink. After just sat there for a good 10 minutes after the game.

Sick to my stomach was an understatement.

It all worked out in January though (Thanks, Pitt!)