Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K13 - Best Defensive Stoppers (/forums/showthread.php?t=592274)

saaddzz 11-22-2012 02:03 PM

NBA 2K13 - Best Defensive Stoppers

Defending in NBA 2K13 is one the most important things in the game, because Defense wins championships. One of the most valuable things to have on your NBA 2K13 squad is a defensive stopper, someone who can guard the opposing team’s best player in crunch time. Using a combination of Defensive Awareness and On Ball Defense. I will list guards and forwards only for the Top 13 Defensive stoppers in the game.

Tony Allen hands down is the best Perimeter Defender in 2K13, and in real-life NBA.

12) SF Nicolas Batum -- Portland Trail Blazers --
Ratings: 79 DAWR, 83 ON BALL D.

Afflalo has been a good defender in his whole career, he's been defending Kobe Bryant very good in the 2009 Playoffs, and he is the go-to Defensive Guy.

12) SG/SF Paul George -- Indiana Pacers -- Ratings: 82 DAWR, 82 ON BALL D.

Paul George has to be on this list. He's been elected to All Defensive team in 2013.

11) SG Courtney Lee -- Boston Celtics -- Ratings: 81 DAWR, 84 ON BALL D
Russell Westbrook gives opposing PG's a hard time, his Defense is surprisingly astonishing.

10) SF/SG Dahntay Jones -- Atlanta Hawks -- Ratings: 79 DAWR, 88 ON BALL D

This guy's Defense is just very good in the Knicks. Him playing with the small lineup at SF with 'Melo at PF, and Chandler at C, due to Stoudemire's injury, he is defending opposing SF's very well.

9) SG Iman Shumpert -- new York Knicks -- Ratings: 83 DAWR, 84 ON BALL D
Last year, this guy had a torn MCL. Now he's a big improvement and a surprise at D.

8) SF Lebron James -- Miami Heat -- Ratings: 87 DAWR, 83 ON BALL D

Lebron James is the Top 10 Defender in real life, and in 2K.

7) PG Jrue Holiday -- Philadelphia 76ers -- Ratings: 84 DAWR, 86 ON BALL D

Holiday is the best perimeter defender in the Sixers. Pretty big improvement.

Chris Paul led the NBA in 2011-12 in steals.

6)
PG Chris Paul -- Los Angeles Clippers -- Ratings: 91 DAWR, 86 ON BALL D, 94 STL, 28 BLK

He is the best Perimeter Defender in the Clippers and the 2nd best PG Defender.

5) SG Thabo Sefolosha -- Oklahoma City Thunder -- Ratings: 88 DAWR, 88 ON BALL D, 74 STL, 53 BLK

Sefolosha is another one of Kobe's Defensive Victims, he's been killin' him in 2012 NBA Playoffs.

4)
SG/PG Avery Bradley -- Boston Celtics -- Ratings: 88 DAWR, 91 ON BALL D, 66 STL, 45 BLK

Last year, this guy was a big improvement and a surprise, no one knew how good his Defense was.

Rondo is so good at Defense, that he can even guard Lebron James.

3) PG Rajon Rondo -- Boston Celtics -- Ratings: 94 DAWR, 88 ON BALL D, 78 STL, 29 BLK

Rajon Rondo is a top 3 perimeter defender in the NBA hands down.

2)
PF/SF Shane Battier -- Miami Heat -- Ratings: 94 DAWR, 88 ON BALL D, 74 STL, 48 BLK

This guy can play at the PF, even though you think he cant, he's been defending Ibaka in the 2012 NBA Finals very well.

1) SG Tony Allen -- Memphis Grizzlies -- 94 DAWR, 91 ON BALL D, 94 STL, 51 BLK

There is no question what-so-ever why Tony Allen is 1st on the list. Kobe said he is the toughest defender in the NBA. He is very good at stealing, and his blocking is OK. Best Defender in NBA and NBA 2K13.

Have your say OS! Comment below if you agree, disagree, or just want to add to the discussion. Who is your go-to perimeter defender or defensive stopper in NBA 2K13?

thedoob 11-22-2012 02:14 PM

Re: NBA 2K13 - Best Defensive Stoppers

I think Shumpert has got to be on this list. Tall with good quickness, I can defend better with him than all but two guys on this list. 1. Tony Allen 2. Sefalosha 3. Shumpert when it comes to on ball defense.

ya boy hollywud 11-22-2012 03:30 PM

Iman Shumpert is a better defender than most of the people you listed. Why is Rondo's steal rating so low in this game? They seriously need to fix that, he's always among the league leaders when it comes to steals. I also like Courtney Lee a lot as well.

mpac 11-22-2012 03:40 PM

True for tony allen. His defense made him untouchable in my association. One of my favorite players to use in 2k!

Though i also think rondo should have a higher steal rating.

thedoob 11-22-2012 04:27 PM

I'm not sure what they were thinking with Rondo. He gets beat off the dribble while gambling and gets bullied down low by bigger guards. Should have his on ball down about 7 points and his steal up at least 7 because he is superb in the passing lanes. I guess defensive awareness helps with the passing lanes but he also gets rips on guys when they get by him. I don't understand.

d11king 11-22-2012 05:45 PM

I might be the only person who thinks Kobe has gotten overrated as a defender. I don't think he's should've been on the First Team the past 2 seasons.

thedoob 11-22-2012 05:51 PM

Definitely not the only one, only exerts himself in big matchups and he can't really match the size or quickness of the elite players now. That's why the Lakers will always get torched by fast point guards because Kobe can't matchup against those guys.

d11king 11-22-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoob (Post 2044457811)
Definitely not the only one, only exerts himself in big matchups and he can't really match the size or quickness of the elite players now. That's why the Lakers will always get torched by fast point guards because Kobe can't matchup against those guys.

Exactly... granted MWP will guard the best player, but too many times Kobe takes defense off and gets burned and tries to blame someone else, perfect example is the game against the Spurs, where he let Danny Green hit the game winning 3.