Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   In Game Attribute Changes - CCM (/forums/showthread.php?t=593945)

Old School SD Fan 12-05-2012 10:32 AM

In Game Attribute Changes - CCM

Can anyone explain to me what controls the changes in overall rating that occur in-game? As we all know, looking at your roster out of a game reflects one set of attributes, but in-game they can change radically. I have some ratings differing by as much as 10 points in-game.

I had thought this was a reflection of scheme, that players that matched your scheme got a boost while ones that did not got penalized. However, when I finally got into this today I saw no correlation. Just looking at receivers I saw I had two west coast receivers matching my west coast scheme, however one reflects an in-game boost, the other a 10 point in-game penalty.

Would love to understand this so I can better my team in the draft and free agency.

Ian Iachimoe 12-05-2012 10:49 AM

Hot/cold streaks?

I honestly don't know, but that would be my guess.

xblake16x 12-05-2012 11:37 AM

Re: In Game Attribute Changes - CCM

The depth chart in game doesn't have any scheme associated with it. It uses whatever the baseline overall for a player is.

Old School SD Fan 12-05-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblake16x (Post 2044499958)
The depth chart in game doesn't have any scheme associated with it. It uses whatever the baseline overall for a player is.

That makes no sense. There must be something else factoring in the difference between in game and out of game ratings differences. They don't appear to fluctuate in or out so I don't think cold streaks or hot streaks are cause.

purplerat 12-05-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan (Post 2044500235)
That makes no sense. There must be something else factoring in the difference between in game and out of game ratings differences. They don't appear to fluctuate in or out so I don't think cold streaks or hot streaks are cause.

It's scheme vs no-scheme and steaks. More so the former than the latter in contributing to why there is such a big difference.

I'm not sure why it doesn't make sense to you but you can check for yourself and see that there are clear differences between out-of-game CCM ratings and in-game ratings. The in-game ratings are the same as the rest of the game and pretty much the same as last years game in terms of what attributes they are based on. CCM on the other hand uses different attributes which differ depending on scheme. Like I said you can clearly see this by checking the actual attributes in each and see that there are attributes in one but not the other and some with different names.

Also if you are not sure that changing schemes can change a players overall rating that much then just go check it out for yourself. Some players will be good no matter what but if you take a say a Speed Back and change the scheme/player type to Power Back you'll see a huge difference.

Sturzinator 12-05-2012 02:37 PM

To elaborate further on this convoluted subject, maybe some of you have researched the answer to these ratings questions:

1. what rating is being shown when you look at someone on the resigning screen - in scheme or out?

2. what rating is being shown when you bid for someone in the opening FA signing period - in scheme or out?

3. how about when you pull up the trade screen - in or out?

EA botched the presentation with this IMO. If my depth chart outside of the game is scheme based, but the one inside is not, how am I supposed to make the best decision on who to put in the game in case of injury? I don't think there are many people memorizing their out of game depth chart nor are there people carrying around a printed sheet with the differences. You run your scheme in game, no? So why show me the out of scheme ratings?

Using two different baselines to view and set the depth chart is unnecessarily confusing any way you slice it.

Yes, you would have set your depth already outside the game, but that doesn't account for in game hot/cold streaks. Furthermore, the in game depth chart has more flexibility than the out of game depth chart does with regard to position subs. For example, out of the game, I cannot place my RT on the depth chart for the G position - he doesn't show up - but in game you can. The flexibility in game for this is nice, but it's rather useless when you don't know the in scheme rating for the position you're moving.

I don't know who's right here, but one thing's for sure: the presentation for this, either way you look at it, is wrong.

Old School SD Fan 12-05-2012 02:44 PM

I have to assume the in-game ratings are in fact the ones affecting play in-game and therefore the ones that matter.

HOWEVER, as I indicated I'm running a west coast scheme and I have two west coast scheme WR's. One shows a positive rating bump in-game, the other a 10 point reduction.

This would lead me to believe something is affecting in-game ratings other than scheme.

Now if you want to argue the scheme affected ratings are the ones you see out of game, then what is their value, if players during the heat of battle perform to 'natural' non-scheme affected ratings?

This IS convoluted.

Sturzinator 12-05-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan (Post 2044500505)
I have to assume the in-game ratings are in fact the ones affecting play in-game and therefore the ones that matter.

HOWEVER, as I indicated I'm running a west coast scheme and I have two west coast scheme WR's. One shows a positive rating bump in-game, the other a 10 point reduction.

This would lead me to believe something is affecting in-game ratings other than scheme.

Now if you want to argue the scheme affected ratings are the ones you see out of game, then what is their value, if players during the heat of battle perform to 'natural' non-scheme affected ratings?

This IS convoluted.

While we're on the subject, I have also wondered what the weighted effect of player type versus scheme is.

I haven't investigated this closely - still trying to get this coaster to play a descent game of football - but it seems that player type weighs more heavily than does the scheme in the ratings. In other words, using the proper player type out of scheme yields better ratings than the inverse situation.