Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Idea for Steals in 2k14 (/forums/showthread.php?t=594183)

IYoDa 12-06-2012 09:40 PM

Idea for Steals in 2k14

So I had this idea, I'm probably an idiot or its stupid but I'm sharing anyways.
Steal Spam is a big problem I think everyone agrees, even the spammers.

So my idea is this, not just one attribute for steals.

Steal attribute: general idea on when to perform/attempt a steal, useless without defensive awareness.

On Ball Steal Attribute: ability to perform on ball steals, need defensive awareness, on ball defense and hands.

Passing Lane Steal Attribute:
Ability to perform/attempt passing lane steals. Needs defensive awareness, hands and hustle.

Stripping Steal Attribute: ability to perform/attempt stripping steals. Needs defensive awareness, hands, on ball defense.

The way it would work is like this.
Max your on ball steal attribute, attempt a steal and either protect ball animation, reach in foul, steal or lunge.

Maxed on ball steal and defensive awareness, attempt a steal and the lunge animation is gone/you recover quicker, reach in foul, steal or protect ball animation.

Maxed on ball steal, defensive awareness and hands, attempt a steal and lunge is gone/recover quickly, protect ball animation gone, reach in foul or steal.
(This helps offense as they don't get stuck in endless protect animation)

Maxed Steal AND On Ball Steal, defensive awareness and hands and it's steal or reach in foul only.

Now if steal is pressed more than 2x in a second it's instant reach in foul/button cool down period/ankle break.
Instant Reach In Foul - obvious reasons
Button Cool Down - aids in stopping spam.
Ankle Break - if your constantly swiping left and right and moving, you DESERVE to fall over/slip.

This also means in order to be a good stealer you need MULTIPLE attributes to achieve it and makes rookies less skilled and HAVE to progress.

Even better have a yearly cap.

Rookie year: attributes capped at 40
Sophomore: capped at 55
Third: capped at 70
Fourth: depending on position/playstyle, capped at 70 or capped at 99.
For my career obviously, this part.

Thoughts?

TeeDogg 12-06-2012 09:51 PM

Re: Idea for Steals in 2k14

Some pretty good ideas in there. I think it deserves some thought. I even thought about making double tap or sucsessive steal button taps be the intentional foul initiator. But the easy fix is to make steal attempts but you at a severe defensive disadvantage. Send their mo-cap guys in the gym and capture what happens when you continually go for steals on good ball handlers. Then add em to the game.

IYoDa 12-07-2012 12:59 AM

Got the idea because of Kobe.
He has a good steal rating as he gets a lot of steals via passing lanes but as there is only 1 steal attribute he's also good at on ball steals which he hardly ever tries in real life

Slava Medvadenko 12-07-2012 07:02 AM

Re: Idea for Steals in 2k14

I dig this idea. I'd also like to see manual controls for passing lane jump steals and regular swipes, since I'm really sick of doing a flying jump steal and leaving my man open when I just want to swipe it.