Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NFL Draft Early Entrees (/forums/showthread.php?t=594800)

Jr. 12-10-2012 02:39 PM

NFL Draft Early Entrees

If this doesn't need it's own thread it can be closed. But I figured it would be nice to have a place to keep track of who has officially declared and have some discussion about the merits of those declaring.

Marcus Lattimore entering NFL Draft: http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...l-draft-source

Quote:

Lattimore understands he may have to sit out the upcoming season, but has a goal of jogging and catching passes at the end of March for NFL executives, and plans to visit with them at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.
It'll be interesting to see where he gets drafted. The talent is obvious, but 2 serious knee injuries will concern a lot of GMs I'm sure.

Kriech23 12-10-2012 02:46 PM

Re: NFL Draft Early Entrees

Ohio St. DT Jonathan Hankins declares for draft.

Sportsbuck 12-10-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriech23 (Post 2044515249)
Ohio St. DT Jonathan Hankins declares for draft.

He's going to be a very, very good pro. Wish we could've had him for another year, but with first round money on the table you gotta go.

Shibito 12-10-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsbuck (Post 2044515695)
He's going to be a very, very good pro. Wish we could've had him for another year, but with first round money on the table you gotta go.

First round money isn't much anymore, but ya, being a potential first round pick is hard to pass on.

cdawg44 12-10-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baughn3 (Post 2044515226)
If this doesn't need it's own thread it can be closed. But I figured it would be nice to have a place to keep track of who has officially declared and have some discussion about the merits of those declaring.

Marcus Lattimore entering NFL Draft: http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...l-draft-source

It'll be interesting to see where he gets drafted. The talent is obvious, but 2 serious knee injuries will concern a lot of GMs I'm sure.

Smart Move. He will be a similar case to Willis McGahee where he got injured, then drafted and was able to rehab during his first year

Jr. 12-10-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdawg44 (Post 2044516819)
Smart Move. He will be a similar case to Willis McGahee where he got injured, then drafted and was able to rehab during his first year

Yeah, but I wonder if he'll still go in the first round. Lattimore has an equally devastating knee injury that McGahee had.... plus another injury in the other knee.

cdawg44 12-11-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baughn3 (Post 2044516841)
Yeah, but I wonder if he'll still go in the first round. Lattimore has an equally devastating knee injury that McGahee had.... plus another injury in the other knee.

I doubt it. But you have to remember that almost all running backs are not first round anymore. With teams finding guys like Arian Foster, there is no need to invest that high of a pick anymore. Even if he was healthy, he was a 2nd round pick at best. Lattimore probably goes to a team with a boatload a picks in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round IMHO.

Jr. 12-11-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdawg44 (Post 2044518692)
I doubt it. But you have to remember that almost all running backs are not first round anymore. With teams finding guys like Arian Foster, there is no need to invest that high of a pick anymore. Even if he was healthy, he was a 2nd round pick at best. Lattimore probably goes to a team with a boatload a picks in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round IMHO.

The guys with no doubt talent are still going in the first round (Trent Richardson, for instance). Lattimore was a top 10 talent, but that's a good point that teams are much less willing to use top picks on RBs. I agree that he will likely be taken after the 3rd round.