Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratings (/forums/showthread.php?t=597354)

Steve_OS 12-28-2012 03:08 PM

EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratings

During Thursday Night NFL football games, the NFL has been tracking player attributes, such as speed, acceleration, movement direction and jump height with chips embedded into shoulder pads of various NFL players. According to Polygon's, Samit Sarkar and Madden "Ratings Czar" Donny Moore, this data could be released to EA Sports to "potentially revolutionize" player ratings.

It probably won't happen any time soon, since the NFL is only tracking a handful of players, but it's fun to speculate.

Source - NFL tracking player movement data that EA says could 'revolutionize' Madden ratings (Polygon)

Sturzinator 12-28-2012 03:36 PM

Re: EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratin

That's some great news and bodes well for the future.

On the flip side, even the most useful information left in the bumbling hands of EA will most surely result in abject disappointment.

Here comes the hype for M14.....

SickDL 12-28-2012 04:20 PM

Re: EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratin

Thats pretty sweet

splff3000 12-28-2012 04:40 PM

Forgive me, but I have 0 faith in the possibility of EA using this technology correctly. It sounds cool tho.

Big FN Deal 12-28-2012 05:42 PM

I know I can't be the only one that lol'ed while reading this. While the NFL data tracking sounds phenomenal, the notion that EA Tiburon gives an eff about Madden ratings being accurate, ie realistic, is hilarious, lol.

Old School SD Fan 12-28-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big FN Deal (Post 2044562509)
I know I can't be the only one that lol'ed while reading this. While the NFL data tracking sounds phenomenal, the notion that EA Tiburon gives an eff about Madden ratings being accurate, ie realistic, is hilarious, lol.

If the suits don't see a new profit margin, it ain't happenin'.

LovejoyOTF 12-28-2012 05:47 PM

ALL ABOARD!

splff3000 12-28-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF (Post 2044562522)
ALL ABOARD!

LMAO, I don't know why, but this has me dying over here lol.